x

I am trying to ad a landing page but my theme AVENUE doesn't have one.

can someone please walk me through how to remove navigation bar and footer from the landing page only.  I have tried following the steps in this tutorial @Adam

https://community.weebly.com/t5/Themes/Hide-Your-Navigation-on-a-Single-Page-Without-Customizing-You...

but it didn't seem to work for me. I tried swapping the "header-wrap" for "edison-header" which also didn't work. 

or alternativley can i add a splash page from somewhere else eg. 3rd party app? without slowing my site down even more???

Ta Meg 

Message 1 of 4
1 Best Answer

Best Answer

Hi Meg

We should be able to do this in a few ways... Where is your site currently published please, and what page is the one you want to make your landing page?

Assuming it's your homepage, if you add this code into the very bottom of the main_style.css (or main.less) it should hide these sections for just your homepage

.wsite-page-index .footer-wrap,.wsite-page-index .edison-header{display:none!important}
.wsite-page-index body.header-sticky, body.header-sticky-up [style]{padding:0!important}

If you don't want to edit your main_style.css file you could add the below into either the header or footer code either of the page or the entire website (depending on theme and other factors you may need to try both header or footer code in case of any conflicts)

<style>

.wsite-page-index .footer-wrap,.wsite-page-index .edison-header{display:none!important}
.wsite-page-index body.header-sticky, body.header-sticky-up{padding:0!important}

</style>

The above is based on this website https://www.africanfabricsaustralia.com/ assuming it's the homepage you wish to edit.

Let me know how you get on.

View Best Answer >

Message 5 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Best Answer

Hi Meg

We should be able to do this in a few ways... Where is your site currently published please, and what page is the one you want to make your landing page?

Assuming it's your homepage, if you add this code into the very bottom of the main_style.css (or main.less) it should hide these sections for just your homepage

.wsite-page-index body.header-sticky, body.header-sticky-up [style]{padding:0!important}

If you don't want to edit your main_style.css file you could add the below into either the header or footer code either of the page or the entire website (depending on theme and other factors you may need to try both header or footer code in case of any conflicts)

<style>

.wsite-page-index body.header-sticky, body.header-sticky-up{padding:0!important}

</style>

The above is based on this website https://www.africanfabricsaustralia.com/ assuming it's the homepage you wish to edit.

Let me know how you get on.

Message 5 of 4

thanks @WebfireThemes that worked great.
***you'r amazing***

Message 5 of 4

A pleasure to help Smiley Happy

Don't forget to check out our custom themes if you're ever thinking about upgrading your site... 

Message 5 of 4