x

Mailchimp popup not working

I know this has been asked before, and I've read through and tried the suggestions, but I can't seem to get my Mailchimp popup to work with my site: www.StudioForMusic.com. Here's what I've checked and double checked:

• added an HTML block with the MC code (<script type="text/javascript" src="//downloads.mailchimp.com/js/signup-forms/popup/embed.js" data-dojo-config="usePlainJson: true, isDebug: false"></script><script type="text/javascript">require(["mojo/signup-forms/Loader"], function(L) { L.start({"baseUrl":"mc.us15.list-manage.com","uuid":"0af7916835f239634737dabaa","lid":"35597d1290"}) })</script>)
  • added the MC code to Settings/SEO/Footer
  • checked that MC was connected to my site. 

I know there's someone smarter than me out there Smiley Happy I appreciate the help.

Tags (2)
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Square

Are you still having trouble, @SfM? I see your popup when I visit your site:

Message 12 of 11

I still don't see it. I've been checking with Chrome and Safari. Last night I cleared my cache thinking it was a frequency issue, but nothing yet. 

Message 12 of 11
Square

It could be a cookie that it sets. Try using an Incognito windor in Chrome or a private window in Safari.

Message 12 of 11

It showed up in an incognito window. I guess I don't get it. Is there an extension or something that blocks it? How do I know if it will work on others that visit my site? I apologize in advance if this is basic and I just don't get it!

Message 12 of 11
Square

It should show fine for anyone who has never seen it. It's possible it's not showing for you because it recognizes that you're the MailChimp account owner that created it - that's just a guess, though.

Message 12 of 11

Thanks so much for your help. I really appreciate it!

Message 12 of 11
Square

Not a problem!

Message 12 of 11

@SfM:  Generally, those pop ups work on cookie expiration.  You don't want people to be annoyed by that pop up if they have visited your site second time today, or yesterday, or last week.

Those pop-ups are junks.  Unless you are as e-mail collector in business of sending junk mails most people will find a small site employing them as untrustmworthy.  If you were to enter a room and someone throws a basketball on your face how would you feel?

Message 12 of 11

Hi Adam,

I believe you are correct and the owner cannot see it because they own it, once the pop-up is spent it is spent and dows not cause a nuisance by showing every occasion.

My problem is it is blocking Chrome traffic to my site, anyone using Chrome can not remove the pop-up by either X or completing the form. I am getting lots of complaints and abusive form completions because the form will not allow them to visit my site. My google stats have halved since I introduced this mailchimp form. 

If any one can advise? Anything considered as I am about to remove it completely.
It is like being hit by a basketball when you enter the room.

Message 12 of 11
Square

Hi @Bruce1 What is the name of the site, please? 

Message 12 of 11