x
Beta Member

Make customer select pickup location?

How can I get the online store to make a customer select a pickup location early in the process?  And preferably keep that as their default.  We are getting customers that don't pay attention to multiple instructions and notes so we make the food in the default location only to discover the customer has shown up at our other location 30 miles away.

Message 1 of 8
1 Best Answer
Beta Member

Best Answer

Adam,

Thank you but it only happens if the template was correct.  I was able to get through to support and found out I need to change to an online ordering template, that was not the default when it was set up initially.  It only takes a few seconds and works perfectly now.

Kind Regards,

Jeff

View Best Answer >

Message 9 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Square

As soon as customer goes to your order online page, they should see a popup which asks them to select a location. for pickup. While they can dismiss this and choose a location later, this should be making it clear to them before even choosing items which location they should go to for their order.

Message 9 of 8

Hi Adam

we have multiple locations and this is not happening on our site, the only way to change location is when they check their cart and choose "change pick up location"

Message 9 of 8

Our situation is similar and agree that the pickup location should not be defaulted based on the alphabet.

Message 9 of 8
Beta Member

Best Answer

Adam,

Thank you but it only happens if the template was correct.  I was able to get through to support and found out I need to change to an online ordering template, that was not the default when it was set up initially.  It only takes a few seconds and works perfectly now.

Kind Regards,

Jeff

Message 9 of 8
Square

Ahh, yes, that makes sense. Thanks for contacting our team!

Message 9 of 8

how do we access the online ordering template, so we can revise it? currently I have three locations and I'm tired of customers ordering to pick up at wrong store. 😄

Thank you,

Message 9 of 8
Square

Click on the pages dropdown within the website editor and choose your Shop All page, then click the gear icon on the top left and choose the switch layout option. You should see "order online" listed as an option.

Message 9 of 8