x

Slow or Unresponsive Editor - Anyone else having similar issues?

Please read in full before replying

I had to send in a ticket to cancel my services here and switch to another provider but didn't see I could post on forums till after sending it in.

Is anyone else having loading issues with the site editor and weebly as a whole? I usually have to reload 2-3 times to get to my dashboard and on one of my sites I can't even get to the editor at all. 

I've heard it can be due to some apps being no longer supported but with the one site (that's of course is a client's go figure) that won't let me into the editor due to stalling out I can't try anything.

I had my internet checked and was told that wasn't an issue. I tried Chrome, Explorer, and downloaded Firefox just to try that and it's the same blank page or secure connection failed with the website owners.

It's actually really depressing cause I've always promoted weebly due to it's drag and drop nature, but now I'm losing business and franticlly having to move house so I don't keep losing money. 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

how even i don't understand but ok

So I went back and deleted my cache again on a whim (I had tried earlier this month with no luck) and it's suddenly working now???

I might have to cancel my ticket but I'm so on the fence at the moment.

I've been struggling with this issue for almost a month and a half but I chalked it up to getting better internet and moving to a remote area until we had that fixed.

Message 6 of 5
Square

Usually clearing cache/cookies resolves the issue, although sometimes it is a local ISP or network problem. I usually suggest editing in private/incognito mode so that you can avoid those cache/cookie errors altogether. 

Message 6 of 5

Neither clearing cache frequently nor InCognito are effective. Tried Chrome, FireFox, and Safari– none solved the issue. Download is 200+mbps, upload 10+.  I'm hardlined to the router, not WiFi. Content density doesn't come within a parsec of a dynamic multimedia layout. A page on the Weebly site I am working on presently might have 2 to 6 Baamboo "X" tables. Every graphic is optimised, the breadth of which are under 20 kb. A page has 4 to 6 sections, 2 to 3 image backgrounds, the other 2 to 3 are solid white. No movies, scant animation. I AM DISAPPOINTED and concerned to have promoted Weebly sites to my clients. My product is a designed site I can hand over to the client, then get out of the way. That is a single transaction model and small businesses love it. Problem is, I either accept higher costs per sale or rase rates for Weebly sites, because, time I lose to crazy full page rendering and chronic crashes is murdering my capacity. I have learned that Weebly site design is fine for simple one-offs and in-house newbies, but it is not suitable for commercial freelancers, small agencies and any organisation with multiple webs and/or whose content must be fresh 24/7. 

Message 6 of 5
Square

Sorry to hear you are both having troubles. Do you experiencing lag on pages without third party apps? 

Message 6 of 5