x

ads.txt to root

how do i add an ads.txt to the root directory so a gaming site i use can revenue share and track traffiic on my site

"You're required to create and update your ads.txt file in order to run ads on your website" is what the site says  

softgames.com

Message 1 of 92
91 REPLIES 91

Message 93 of 92

Hi @Bernadette,
Thank you very much for your quick reply! I posted a pic from ad sense as above. Does it just take a while for that to go? Not sure how to get a crawler bot to go look at the site etc 😕 Thank you very much for taking a look at my site for me though! 
Kind regards,
Ross 

Message 93 of 92
Square

It looks like there's a 301 redirect set up for ads.txt which goes to the news page, @NPLH221b. If you go to Settings > SEO and scroll down you'll see it. That's preventing Google from reading the file - if your remove the redirect and re-publish it should fix the issue for you.

Message 93 of 92

Thank you @Adam ! I have removed it and published. Will check back tomorrow with what Adsense says Smiley Happy

Message 93 of 92
Square

Not a problem! Let me know what happens. Smiley Happy

Message 93 of 92

Hi Adam,

I would require the team to do the same for app-ads.txt. Is this something that they can look into quickly?

For apps, they will crawl for app-ads.txt and not ads.txt. Thus, I cannot use the current field in Settings.

Thank you.

Message 93 of 92
Square

I'm not sure what the status if for this request at this time. Although, according to this Google Doc, it notes that "Use of app-ads.txt is not mandatory, but is highly recommended, especially if you are concerned that others may be spoofing your app. "

Message 93 of 92

You should be able to do this now by logging in to Weebly and editing your website. Once you're there, click on the settings tab and scroll down until you see Authorize Adsense. Copy and paste your ads.txt file there, hit save, and hit publish. I just did this myself so hopefully it works. It might take a couple of days before Google recognizes it.

Message 93 of 92