x

ads.txt to root

how do i add an ads.txt to the root directory so a gaming site i use can revenue share and track traffiic on my site

"You're required to create and update your ads.txt file in order to run ads on your website" is what the site says  

softgames.com

Message 1 of 92
91 REPLIES 91

I am also having this problem. Please fix it Weebly, I love the service and would hate to move, but this is really affecting my earnings.

Message 79 of 92

I don't know if external links are allowed, but this worked for me:

https://www.tythehunter.com/blog/fixing-the-adstxt-weebly-warning

Message 79 of 92
Square

Wow, @tythehunter! Kudos to you for finding a work around and for putting in the time and effort to share your work with the rest of the community. Heart 

The team has not forgotten about you guys and is still working on allowing the integration through Weebly directly. We will update the thread once we have more information. Smiley Happy In the meantime I hope this redirect is as helpful to others as it was for you. 

Super impressed with your site, by the way! I just ordered three of your books for my 6-yr-old. He is on the spectrum and reading has become such an incredible tool for improving his communication skills. He has also recently discovered a love for Minecraft so I know he'll be super excited to check these out. 

Thanks again for sharing! 

Message 79 of 92
Square

Thank you all for your patience. The team has provided a fix for you so that you can verify your ads.txt within your Weebly account. Click on Settings and scroll to the bottom of the screen to input the information. 

Message 79 of 92

THANK YOU BABY JESUS! And you too, Weebly Smiley Happy
Message 79 of 92

Hi, do I just follow https://support.google.com/adsense/answer/7532444?hl=en-GB&ref_topic=7533328 and enter in:

google.com, pub-0000000000000000, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0

==> (i.e. swap 0000000000000000 for my ID etc) or is there something else? Then press save + publish?

Thanks!

Message 79 of 92
Square

That looks right. Just make sure to change the id and you should be good to go. Smiley Happy 

Message 79 of 92

Hi, still getting this error - Earnings at risk – One or more of your sites does not have an ads.txt file. Fix this now to avoid a severe impact on your revenue.

From my ad manager:

When you go to mydomain/ads.txt, you will see whether or not you have ads.txt file. I only see a blank page when I go to that URL. This means that your ads.txt file is not set up unfortunately.

It's not yet mandatory to have an Ads.txt file but you are at a disadvantage relative to other sites and will become non-compliant once Google makes it a requirement
Message 79 of 92
Square

What is the name of the site? 

Message 79 of 92

Hello there, i added ads.txt information in the field weebly has created for adsense, but in adsense account still see that message about fixing. Please help.
Message 79 of 92
Square

Your ads.txt file is working correctly when I visit it directly on your site. I would contact Google to see if there's something you need to do to make them check for it again.

Message 79 of 92

Hi Bernadette,

I am having the same issue and I just added the code in the Authorize Adsense box. How long should I wait until the "earning at risk" of my Ad Sense dashboard will disappear?

Thanks for your help

Message 79 of 92
Square

Hi @Typedot I'm not familiar with that error. Do you see that in your Adsense dashboard? Did you publish your site after saving the code in the settings tab? 

Message 79 of 92

Thanks Bernadette for getting back, please see below screenshot. 

I downloaded the ads.txt and inserted in the Weebly's setting under the "Authorize Adsense", saved and published, yet I am still seeing the screenshot below. Maybe I should wait a few more days until it goes off?image

Message 79 of 92
Square

Hm.. yes, everything looks good from our end. You might want to check the Adsense forums. Maybe you can find a better answer on expected wait time. https://support.google.com/adsense/community?hl=en

Message 79 of 92

It is quite simple. As per my understanding the weebly team makes it easily possible. Step 1 : Log into weebly Step 2: Click on edit site Step 3: Go to settings on the top of the page Step 4: Scroll down till you find authorise adsense Step 5: Paste the ads.txt file that you had downloaded from the googleadsense Voila. Done
Message 93 of 92
Square

That is correct, @Ashishgb. Thanks for sharing your steps! Smiley Happy

Message 93 of 92

I seen someone ask about app-ads.txt - does that "Authorize Adsense" field support app-ads.txt as well? I assume it does not, but I'd like to have a confirmation before looking for alternative solutions.  

Message 93 of 92
Square

That's a good question, @zombodroid. I would assume it does not support it, but I'll see if I can find some more information regarding app-ads.txt. 

Message 93 of 92

Hi Bernadette,
I am still having the error show up in Google AdSense. I think that I have done it correctly (paste the file I downloaded) into the settings space. Does it just take time to process this for them? Would it be possible to have someone take a look at my site and see if it is there?

www.nplh.co.uk

Thank you very much Smiley Happy
Message 93 of 92
Square

Hi @NPLH221b I'm not familiar with the service, but it looks like you entered your code successfully. Can you post a screenshot of the error you see? Is there any sort of "request crawl" button on the dashboard that would request Google crawl the site again?

Message 93 of 92