x

image/header above menu?

Is it possible to put my letterhead/brand image across the top of my webpages above my menu? I dislike any of the headers and just want my simple, thin brand image at the top. 

I tried loading my image into the menu section and it looks terrible, it doesn't show the image properly and the image obliterates the menu items. I really would like the image as a bar above the menu. Can anyone help me?

Tags (3)
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square

The only theme that has the navigation under the header image is Dusk. How large is the image you wish to upload? I can't tell if you are describing an image suitable for a background, or a logo. Can you post a screenshot of the site when you upload the image into the menu section so we can get a better idea? Thanks!

Message 5 of 4

Thank you, Bernadette!

I can't attach the image or a screenshot to this post so here is our website address: https://www.winnipegjazzorchestra.com/

I would like to move the brand image above the menu area and remove the padding so it is much narrower. Can I do this without damaging the website?

Thank you for any help you can give.

Joan

WJO

Message 5 of 4
Square

I edited my post because I had the wrong theme name. The one you can try using is called Dusk and is under the "online store" tab after clicking Theme>Change Theme

This is the only theme that will allow you to add an image above the navigation, and you can easily try it out then switch it back if you don't like the way it looks. All of your content will still be on the site and the only real difference you will see is the navigation and logo placement. Possibly some text styles as well. 

Your home page is currently set to "no header" so you would need to change that to "header" to get the full effect of the theme. One thing to keep in mind, though, is that the image is probably going to be cut off on mobile view..

The only other way to achieve the affect you are looking for is to use custom code, however, Weebly employees are not able to assist with custom edits. 

Message 5 of 4