x

How do I close my account?

Hello,

I want my account completely deleted from your servers. How do I do that?

And why is there no "delete my account" option in the settings section?

Regards,

Gordon

Message 1 of 38
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

See the article on how to deactivate your Weebly account for more information. Depending on your account, you may also have a My Data tab where you can submit a GDPR request to have your data forgotten.

Note: At this time it is not possible to deactivate a Square Online account.

View Best Answer >

Message 35 of 38
37 REPLIES 37
Square

I see you have a published site with a site upgrade and custom domain, @awliau17. You could add a new site in your account so you can start over with that, and then we can help move your custom domain and site upgrade over to that.

Message 35 of 38

Hi! I would like to deactivate my account aswell please and a refund for my subscription.

Thank you.

Message 35 of 38

Hi I want to delete my account

when I go to manage acc only option is update email update password 

Message 35 of 38
Square

Do you see a tab in the middle of the screen that says "My Data"? @User367384

Message 35 of 38

I have tried to do this, but there isn't a button to deactive the account, insteasd there is a link redirecting me straight back to the support centre.

How on Earth do you deactive and delete the accounts?

I'm due to deactive my email account today that is linked to this store, so need help ASAP.

Message 35 of 38
Square

You'll want to do a couple things, @Harrison835:

1. Go to Website > General Settings, scroll down, then use the un-publish option to un-publish your site.

2. Go to your Account Settings and then the services tab, then use the Manage link for each to cancel each service.

Message 35 of 38

The deactivate button seems to have been removed.

Message 35 of 38

Hi!

Today I made an online store account, but I would like to change it to just a regular website. I would also like to use the same email I used to make my current account. I have been looking at ways to delete my online store and can't find out how. Is there a way I can delete my online store and create a regular website using the same account or at least email? 

Thanks so much!

Message 35 of 38
Square

I can change the email address on your current account which will free it up for use with a new account. Let me know if you want me to do that, @BreadAndButter.

Message 35 of 38

That would be great! What do you need me to do to make that happen?

Message 35 of 38
Square

You don't need to do anything special, and I've just freed it up so you can use it again for a new account.

Message 35 of 38

Why isn't there an option to PERMANENTLY DELETE said account that seems like I'm being held, hostage 

Message 35 of 38
Square

Hi @RC4 It looks like you were able to find the option to have your account permanently deleted, and all of your information scrubbed from the system. As a reminder, the option was under Account Settings > My Data

Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns about this. 

Message 35 of 38

Hi Adam, 

Re: disactivating accounts - I followed your steps to manage account, however, there is no option to disactivate account, only change email or change password. 

Are you able to delete my site (sheanestafford.weebly.com) and disactivate my account?

Thanks!

Message 39 of 38
Square

Hi @sheaner. Instead of going to Manage Account, go to the My Data tab. You should see options there eto download your data and to request that we delete your data and forget your information.

Message 39 of 38

please delete my account
Message 39 of 38
Square

To delete you account, go to your account page and then click on Manage Profile on the left, then click on the deactivate option. Note that some customers in certain locations will see a My Data tab instead, which they can use to request a permanent deletion of their data.

Message 39 of 38