x

How do I close my account?

Hello,

I want my account completely deleted from your servers. How do I do that?

And why is there no "delete my account" option in the settings section?

Regards,

Gordon

Message 1 of 38
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

See the article on how to deactivate your Weebly account for more information. Depending on your account, you may also have a My Data tab where you can submit a GDPR request to have your data forgotten.

Note: At this time it is not possible to deactivate a Square Online account.

View Best Answer >

Message 35 of 38
37 REPLIES 37
Square

Best Answer

See the article on how to deactivate your Weebly account for more information. Depending on your account, you may also have a My Data tab where you can submit a GDPR request to have your data forgotten.

Note: At this time it is not possible to deactivate a Square Online account.

Message 35 of 38

The deactivate button does not show where is it, please !?  

Message 35 of 38
Square

To deactivate your account, click on your name on the top right of your dashboard and choose "account". On the page that loads, click on "manage account" on the left and you'll see the deactivate button on the bottom of the popup.

Message 35 of 38

Is the deactivating your account same as deleting? Because I deactivated my account and now its gone permanently; cannot be reactivated. 

Message 35 of 38
Square

Thanks for posting, @DivineEncounter. I've restored a site back to your account that was using the site address you mentioned in your message to me. Let me know if that isn't the site you are looking for.

Message 35 of 38

It was not restored on the address [personal info redacted]. The site that was deactivated is "upleaders.weebly.com", However, it was restored on a previous account. 

So Thanks, I believe that I will work with this as is. 

You are a life saver 

Thanks again

Message 35 of 38
Square

Not a problem!

Message 35 of 38

Hi- I have deactivated my square account and I need to delete my weebly account. I do not see a delete button anywhere on weebly. Please advise.

Thank you,

Hillary

Message 35 of 38
Square

There isn't a way to actually delete your Square Online Store account, however I did refund and remove your site upgrade for you and it looks like you've already unpublished the website.

Message 35 of 38

Hello, I'm having the same issue, I would like to delete my store and still be able to purchase the domain name elsewhere, is that possible?

Message 35 of 38
Square

It would not be possible to re-register the domain name somewhere else, although you can use the domain with a different web host or online store. We allow you to change the nameservers and DNS to work with any provider you want. Once 60 days have passed since registering the domain you can also transfer the domain to a different registrar if you want. Did you want me to cancel your site upgrade, @meganrose? It isn't possible to actually delete the account, but un-publishing it like you've already done is what I would have recommended.

Message 35 of 38

Yes, I would like my upgrade cancelled. Thanks for your help and all the useful information 👍

Message 35 of 38
Square

Not a problem. I've canceled and refunded your site upgrade for you.

Message 35 of 38

i set up an account as a test with my only email and now i cant change email. so can you help me delete my account

Message 35 of 38
Square

Are you going to use the same email for a different account type, @danielk122

Message 35 of 38

Hi! Can someone deactivate my account, and give me a refund for my subscription? Please let me know ASAP. 

Message 35 of 38
Square

I just replied to your other post about this, @livingzine. Can you check for my reply?

Message 35 of 38

When I made an account it automatically created a website for me by accident and I can't figure out how to delete the website. Please assist, thanks. 

Message 35 of 38
Square

Hi @awllau While it is not possible to delete the site, you can un-publish it by clicking Website>General Settings (from the Weebly dashboard) and scrolling to the bottom of the options listed. 

Message 35 of 38

I can't un-publish it as the site was never published in the first place. In that case, can you just delete my entire account? I'd just like to start from a blank slate and create a new account with the same email.
Message 35 of 38