x

Facebook sharing not working properly

You are hosting a website for Nigelyn Guest Cottage.

My email address is ---.

I opened my website in Google search and opened the page called Shopping Center's near to Nigelyn Guest Cottage. Then, I clicked on Facebook Share. Facebook opened

I created a post and shared it. A friend shared my post  Only the website link was shared. My cment was not shared.

God bless,

Nigel Fitt

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Square

I'm not sure what you mean by 'only the website link was shared'. Does that mean that there wasn't an image used with the share?

Message 2 of 10

Hi, Adam,

Thank you for your reply.

There was no image.

I clicked on the Facebook share button.  Facebook opened. I saw an image and the link.  I wrote something and shared it.  A friend shared my post.  The image and my comment disappeared

God bless,

Nigel Fitt

Message 3 of 10
Square

Ahh - was your friend sharing the same page URL that you were sharing?

Message 4 of 10

My comment was not shared when my friend shared the post.  I cannot find the post on Facebook.  I do not remember any other details.

Message 5 of 10
Square

It sounds like your friend re-shared the URL itself rather than shared your Facebook post (which would include your comment). A little confusing, though Facebook provides a lot of different sharing options.

Message 6 of 10

I hope you got through but if you didn't this is what I did. I went into the settings on Facebook
Looked for app settings (Look for "Apps" on the left)
Searched for Weebly in the listing of apps connected to my Facebook account.
I deleted Weebly from the app's settings (It asked if I wanted to delete my app history, I didnt)
After I removed Weebly from my account, I returned to Weebly to share my blog again and it worked.
Hope it'll help, Alex

Message 7 of 10
Square

Thanks for sharing @bitmann27!

Message 8 of 10

I looked at my Facebook settings and Apps.  Weebly was not listed

Tags (1)
Message 9 of 10
Square

Message 10 of 10