x

Getting Traffic to my Website

I'm not getting much traffic to my website.  I do very well on ETSY, but not WEEBLY.   I am google connected, etc.,  just can't get traffic.  

Anyone know of an App that advertises for you...that's any good?

www.giftswithglamor.com

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Hey there!

SEO can be a tricky thing (there are experts out there that make a living off of it alone), especially when you're making a site, rather than a store in a network. If you're just looking to get your name out there, Google AdWords might be a good start, while maintaining a customer base, or migrating them from one site to another, is something that can benefit a lot from Promote, the email service we offer here.

There are dozens of ways to drive traffic out there, though, so don't feel restricted to these, either! Find what works best for you, and go for it.

Message 2 of 15

I have done google adwords... didn't seem to help much!
Message 3 of 15

Take a look at this site.. It is an alternative way to get traffic but for the price - it isn't bad.

The site buys old websites that have expired and redirects their traffic to theme like sites depeding on what you choose.. It does boost traffic and helps with sales.. but it isn't a target effect.. But I have tracked sales from using it..

Message 4 of 15
Square

I wouldn't recommend using a service like that, since there's a good chance that Google will view that negatively (it's against their TOS to make or maintain a site where the sole purpose of the site is to link to another one).

Message 5 of 15

For SEO, you will want to view your site like a search engine to understand what tweaks to make and there are many sites that can help such as http://www.browseo.net/

When looking at http://www.giftswithglamor.com/ site, here are some observations:

• The Home page instantly redirects so you may want to not redirect OR make sure it's done properly via a 301 redirect
  • Update the Title Tag for your home page to include Hand Painted Wine Glassess and review each Title tag for search term relevancy
  • Consider including a Robots Meta tag as your site may not be crawled

Hope this helps!

Message 6 of 15

This is very good info.  But I don't know how to make it not redirect...is it too much to ask how to do a proper 301 redirect.    Thanks so much for helping me! 

Message 7 of 15

Message 8 of 15

Me too, though i just launched my site this month.
From what i learned so far with SEO, if you want to drive traffic to your site through Google, you have to have high Google ranking. But ironically, one of the ways to improve your Google ranking is if your site has high visitor stats.
I'm thinking, why won't we Weebly subscribers, especially those who aren't getting much visitors, help each other out by visiting each others sites. We can create a new thread here where we put the links to our sites and commit to clicking all of them everyday to improve our visitor stats and boost our Google ranking.
Message 9 of 15

I just want to share what my good friend did. He got his own T-Shirt printing business and think about on how he can put it outside his vicinity. Creating his own website and link it to social media sites e.g. Facebook, Twitter came to his mind. He searched several techniques to boost the count of his T-Shirt sale. He found out about LinkCollider(putting the link to avoid mislead destination of our brothers/sisters here in forum).  It will always be your choice. Pick something that will suite to you. Thanks !

Message 10 of 15

Are there any problems likely from Weebly or Google if I use Link Collider? 

Message 11 of 15

Thanks for sharing I will try the Link Collider

Message 12 of 15
Square

I would guess that link collider is probably violating the TOS of the social media networks that it uses, and Google probably won't like that the traffic is farmed rather than organic.

Message 13 of 15

Thank you.
Message 14 of 15

Message 15 of 15