x

Timed sending of emails over 24 hours

When I send an email with Promote there is an option, a check box, to send emails at the best times over a 24 hour period (something like that). I wonder what criteria Promote uses to send emails if that box is checked? Also can it take up to 24 hours for the email to go out to everyone on the list?

Thank you,

David.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Square

I'm not sure how Promote determines what times are best to send a particular email to particular contact; I suspect there are a number of factors that influence it. It could take up to 24 hours to send all emails out, although I think it might vary depending on the quantity and specifics of the contacts themselves.

I would approach it with the idea that everyone should have it within 24 hours or less, so if you were doing a campaign where you wanted everyone to have before X date - send it at least 24 hours before that date.

Message 2 of 5

Thank you Adam, that's helpful.

I still find Promote doesn't send to some emails that when I email personally the email goes through, and I don't understand why that happens? Any ideas?

David.

Message 3 of 5
Square

Hmm.. what email providers are they using (e.g. yahoo.com, gmail.com, etc)?

Message 4 of 5

My assumtion would be it sends within 24 hours of composing the email. I wouldn't trust their timing, being in business for a number of years, by FAR, my largest ROI has been from sending emails between 7:00-7:35AM. I don't utilize Promote but if they have a feature that allows you to pick a time to send, opt in that time frame. That way, you're the first email they see once most people wake up.

I utilize Gmail though my Weebly account, and added a free add-on that does this for me. My buddy owns a fantastic company called TheTopInbox.com and it allows for delayed sending like that. I have no affiliation with that website, just mentioning what I find successful!

Tyler

Message 5 of 5