x

How to add Twitter cards

Hey.

I have re written my Twitter Cards post. Now is much easier to follow. Fixed a broken link too.   Deleted the old page and added a redirect.

https://www.nomadicbackpacker.com/how-to-add-twitter-cards-to-your-weebly-blog.html

Stay Safe and Take Care

Best regards    @whitemonkey 

Share: 

@Adam @Bernadette 

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Square

That's great, @whitemonkey! I know that this is super helpful people who want to have Twitter cards show.

Message 2 of 14

Welcome   @Adam 

I wanted to add a code block element     but too many to choose from and, not sure what form the twitter cards code is

Message 2 of 14

Some thing all went wrong   . Been working a dream for months....   now   the twitter validator says " our fetch request   queue is full"   what the hell?   Dont they empty it?

Have i tweeted to many photos.  Or am i in twitter jail    waiting for a response from twittersupport...   

Wish there was a way to do it without all this code...    if the image isnt linked    no one is clicking.   

Message 2 of 14
Square

Ouch - that sucks, @whitemonkey. If you hear anything from Twitter let us know; that's a really weird error.

Message 2 of 14

Hi   @Adam      it has just come back on       and 5 mins later u message me   .   Been off since Monday morning     .   If i dt link an image   i loose 60% of my hits..

Hope u r leeping well and sane   

Regards  Trevor

Another weebly user had the same issue   so i knew it wasnt me    .

Here are 2 screen shots of the error..imageimage

Message 2 of 14
Square

Ahh! Good. Guess they resolved whatever the issue was! 

Message 2 of 14

Is it possible to do twitter cards on the new SquareUp Weebly editor?

Would quite like to do this for my products but don't really see how to.

Message 2 of 14

Hmmmm   @MileandaThird  am not familiar at all with SQUARE    or ecommerce

But this twitter card code is TWITTER'S own code.. i didnt invent it..       u will just need the ability to add  EMBED CODE element to ur site/page  and the image url.

May be @Adam  can shed a light on that...

Regards   

https:// www.nomadicbackpacker.com/weebly-hacks-index.html

Message 2 of 14
Square

With the newer website editor there are two ways to add code. One is on individual pages with the Embed Code section, and the other is by adding custom header code in Website > Integrations. Note that we do prevent adding some types of code, although I don't think that will impact what you want to add for a Twitter card.

Message 2 of 14

The sort of thing I was thinking of was to highlight individual products from my shop.

Is that possible?

Message 2 of 14

Message 2 of 14

It looks like I can only add the code to the site and the page - not the item.

Seems very much like I can't do what I would like.

Message 2 of 14

Message 2 of 14