x

Href Tag Error in Google Search Console

Hi!

Has someone encountered this problem, I have href tag error in Google's search console. This is what I put in the SEO tab of Weebly website grafikdesijn.com:

<link rel="alternate" hreflang="en-us" href="http://www.grafikdesijn.com/" />

It works most of the time, but I why am I getting error in some of my entries and the categories:

Why is this happening? Anyone encountered this before or anyone has a solution for this?

Thanks!

Tags (2)
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Square

When did you add the tag, @pongli? I wonder if Google is using cached info from those pages. When I check the HTML source for them I can see your tag.

Message 2 of 9

Hi @Adam!

I added the tag about a month or so ago. Around the time I made those entries.

If its a cahe problem, how do I fix this? I can see the tag as well. Don't know why its doing this.

I also notice that I'm also having duplicate title tags, which I don't know how to fix.

So 2 issues overall:

1. The href tag

2. Duplicate title tags

Message 2 of 9
Square

If I remember correctly, there's probably a link to fetch the page again and resolve the error if you click on the error. Can you try that?

Message 2 of 9

Ok. I'll try that and get back to you.

Message 2 of 9

@Adam did a fetch and render, the errors are still there.

Message 2 of 9
Square

Hmm... This might be a better question for Google, since I can't see any reason why it wouldn't see the tag. It's right there in the code.

https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!forum/webmasters

Message 2 of 9

Ok. Thanks. Would check with Google.

How about the duplicate title tags? Seem to happen with categories and archives links.

How can that be fixed

Message 2 of 9
Square

There's not a way to get around that, unfortunately. 😕 

Google doesn't like that a post will show on the main blog page and also on a category page. Google isn't able to understand that while the posts are the same on both pages, the context of each page is different.

Message 2 of 9