x

Permalink Format

Hello,

I have just created a new item listing for a set of Calibre Suzuka Gloss Black Alloy Wheels, and have used the following Permalink:

calibre-suzuka-gloss-black-alloy-wheels

I noticed there was a forward slash ( / ) in the Permalink box, so I assumed I only needed to include the actual name of the item as the start of the URL would auto-generate along with the domain name once assigned and the website published.  Is this correct?

Message 1 of 4
1 Best Answer

Best Answer

@Wheel-Man 

Yes. To the left of the slash will be the website name, after the slash whatever you name the page. You don't have to add the hyphens they automatically generate.

A tip: don't make the permalink too long, about 5 words max or it might negatively affect SEO. The search algorithms place heaviest weighting on the first few words and relatively little weighting on the others. Shorter links get indexed better.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Best Answer

@Wheel-Man 

Yes. To the left of the slash will be the website name, after the slash whatever you name the page. You don't have to add the hyphens they automatically generate.

A tip: don't make the permalink too long, about 5 words max or it might negatively affect SEO. The search algorithms place heaviest weighting on the first few words and relatively little weighting on the others. Shorter links get indexed better.

Message 2 of 4

Thank you @seicolegwr.  Much appreciated.

Message 2 of 4

Do I need to remove all my hyphens?.. Just add a space between the few words?

divbellcinti@gmail.com

Message 2 of 4