x

Way to Take website Name off of Title Tag (pages)

I was mistakenly under the impression that the button under settings that says use site name that says show title on top of pages does not mean when NOT clicked that I do not want the name of my site on my title tags. This is sure what I thought it implied so my question is what is it as I DO NOT WANT the name of my site in all my title tags as it does NOT help with SEO and uses up a lot of my 70 characters that I can use.  

I did NOT get a clear answer on what it is and was told (even though I have it unclicked) that is functioning as it should.  Since the chance of changing this is slim - has anyone figured out how to take the website name off their title tag.

I do not have a problem changing or adding code as I used to have to write text for my own site and this saves time - but this is one of the issues that drives me nuts along with the inability to have title tags for archive and category pages.

Message 1 of 3
1 Best Answer

Best Answer

Hi @rkfischer,

I have a simple (almost perfect) solution for you. You can add 1 line of Javascript to you site SEO or each page's SEO to overide the embedded title default.

In the FOOTER CODE section of either Page>pagename>SEO, or Settings>SEO in the main editor, you can add this script:

<script>
document.title = 'rkfischer!';
</script>

That will overwrite the code after the page loads (like I said - almost perfect). If you set it in the Sites' SEO Footer and the Pages' Footers, the Pages' script will take priority over the Sites' script. So you could have a fallback script that is your site name for example, and a page script that is the pages name or whatever you want.

Hope that helps.

Regards, Mark

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Best Answer

Hi @rkfischer,

I have a simple (almost perfect) solution for you. You can add 1 line of Javascript to you site SEO or each page's SEO to overide the embedded title default.

In the FOOTER CODE section of either Page>pagename>SEO, or Settings>SEO in the main editor, you can add this script:

<script>
document.title = 'rkfischer!';
</script>

That will overwrite the code after the page loads (like I said - almost perfect). If you set it in the Sites' SEO Footer and the Pages' Footers, the Pages' script will take priority over the Sites' script. So you could have a fallback script that is your site name for example, and a page script that is the pages name or whatever you want.

Hope that helps.

Regards, Mark

Message 2 of 3

Thank you so much Mark - that works great.  I put it in the SEO Page footer.

Message 2 of 3