x

How do I undo my changes and revert back to the last published version?

[Note: The title of this post has been edited by a moderator.]

I have made changes to my layout but I have not published yet. Is there a way to reset the changes back to my last published format?

Message 1 of 66
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

We don't currently have a way to revert back to specific versions of your site, unfortunately. We can restore fully deleted pages if you deleted a page, but we can't restore content or revert it to previous versions.

Since your published website still has the content, you can copy text from there and right-click and download images as well, that way you can use that to recreate your content as it was before you made changes. 

One additional note about an undo button. We don't currently have that for the classic Weebly drag and drop editor, though we do have an undo button for the newer Square Online editor. That button will undo changes you've made while you keep the editor open (once you exit the editor, close your browser tab, or go to another site that undo history is lost).

While we don't have a way to convert a site from one editor to another, you can try out the Square Online editor by signing up for a new account and choosing the option that you want to sell online.

View Best Answer >

Message 24 of 66
65 REPLIES 65

And? 2 years later have you installed you most asked for feature issue? If not... what does that tell all your customers?

Message 47 of 66

Do you have any more updates on the progress of building this feature? 

Message 47 of 66
Square

Unfortunately, we don't. Smiley Sad I'm really sorry about that. 

Message 47 of 66

how is this going Adam? It's 2020 now and I'm struggling with the same issue. It's a total deal breaker if it still isn't in 3 years later...

Message 47 of 66

Yes, this is crazy. I just lost everything on a page because of an app disconnection. I have to retype EVERYTHING! Lesson learned: keep your website text in a Word document.

Message 57 of 66
Square

Sorry to hear that, @aprilhwth. What app were you using? 

Message 57 of 66

I don't remember. I kept getting a notification that my apps had been disconnected. When I selected the option to reconnect them, I lost all my text. Nothing was actually wrong with the site when I was receiving those app disconnect notifications, but I reconnected them so that message would go away.

Message 57 of 66
Square

Ok, thank you for the information. I'll pass that on to our QA and Engineering teams. Sorry for the trouble!

Message 57 of 66

I never had any accident due to the lack of this feature. However I think it is so awkward that the editor lacks it that it's not even annoying anymore, it's funny Smiley LOL 

I did a little research and all your main rival WYSIWIG builder apps have the feature, which is yet another reason for this to be considered a priority feature to implement.

I am looking forward to the update.

Message 57 of 66

Please can you help me revert to last published, as I was experimenting with a new them and now can’t revert back in editing mode. I like my old site and need to get it back please help. Www.niavanabelgians.com
Message 57 of 66
Square

I responded to your post here. @jackymac

Message 57 of 66

Hi Adam,

Because of lag I accidentally deleted the wrong page from my site, though I realized immediately and haven't published yet.   I saw on other posts that it might be possible for you to bring that back to life. My site is stevenleffue.com and the page was entitled "music".

Can you do it?

Message 57 of 66

never mind, I got in touch with the help center and they were able to make the changes for me.
Message 57 of 66
Square

Thanks for the update, @stevenleffue! Glad they were able to resolve that for you.

Message 57 of 66

i just tried to move text from one page to another... entire text blocks... i clicked move - to another page - selected page and then POOF gone... all of the text disappeared... it didnt transfer to the page i selected... and it deleted itself from the page it was on... i cant even recall what was even written but how come it just disappeared into thin air???? i never published it either but the live site doesnt show the text anymore either when i went to it to try and copy and paste what was there before... what IS GOING ON??? can i get that text back pleaseeeee!! this is RIDICULOUS. add in an undo button for heavens sake. 

Message 67 of 66
Square

I'm really sorry to hear this, @krydu. There's unfortunately no way for us to bring back deleted elements. Do you happen to know if the content was nested in a third party app? Or was it just the basic text or title element? 

Message 67 of 66

Back to the original poster's question, have you all not yet enabled users to discard any content changes that are made BEFORE the "Publish" button is clicked? Or an undo button? Anything?

Typically on any web-building tool/platform that I've experienced, changes to site content (etc.) are saved once you publish your website. However, if you were to exit without saving these content changes, they would automatically be discarded and no changes would be made to the already published version of the website.

For some reason, on Weebly, exiting without saving/publishing content changes does not discard them, nor are these changes published to the existing version of the site. It has been mentioned that these changes are automatically saved. So if this is going to be the case do developers not think it wise to have an "undo" button, since any little change made to our websites (even if only for experimental purposes) seem to be basically permament? Obviously not truly permanent, but it can definitely seem that way to those who are not at all well-versed in web design... and isn't that exactly who this company market's to?

I can't really call it, but my best guess as to why a flaw of this magnitude has flown under the radar for so long would be due to the fact that, again, Weebly is marketed to those who are not very web-design saavy. For this very reason, I would think that devs would want to get this issue corrected even moreso. I can ony imagine all the other poor souls dealing with this issue who haven't come here. Not that it would make much of a difference. It's even more unsettling to me that this seems to have been an issue for years (judging based on this thread alone) and the devs have evidently done nothing to correct this issue.

We are yur users and we are telling you we do not like this. It is extremely inconvenient, frustrating to many, and quite frankly completely nonsensical. 

Message 67 of 66
Square

Thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback, @stylingdivaprod I know how frustrating it is to not be able to undo unwanted changes to your website. I wish I had more information to provide to you at this time, but unfortunately, this request is still a work in progress. Smiley Sad 

Message 67 of 66

This is absolutely disgusting. How hard can it be to have a "revert web page to published" functionality? All you have to do is save the website each time it is published on your server. Have two copies for each user, a version that resembles the published version (and can only be changed by pressing publish) and the current version.

I will be recommending everybody that I know to stay away from this service. Users wanted this feature three years ago. A feature that could be implemented in a month. Disgusting.

You will be losing business because of this, and you will lose a lot more.

Message 67 of 66

I deleted a page and need it back urgently. Following the directions in the FAQ page is not possible as they are out of date. Please restore the deleted Temporal Bone Pathologies page on this site: https://311hespanatomy.weebly.com/

Thank you.

Message 67 of 66

I agree that an "undo button" is very important, and so we should all vote for it here...

https://community.weebly.com/t5/Vote-on-Features/Undo-Button-Site-Versioning/idi-p/628

Message 67 of 66