x

How do I undo my changes and revert back to the last published version?

[Note: The title of this post has been edited by a moderator.]

I have made changes to my layout but I have not published yet. Is there a way to reset the changes back to my last published format?

Message 1 of 66
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

We don't currently have a way to revert back to specific versions of your site, unfortunately. We can restore fully deleted pages if you deleted a page, but we can't restore content or revert it to previous versions.

Since your published website still has the content, you can copy text from there and right-click and download images as well, that way you can use that to recreate your content as it was before you made changes. 

One additional note about an undo button. We don't currently have that for the classic Weebly drag and drop editor, though we do have an undo button for the newer Square Online editor. That button will undo changes you've made while you keep the editor open (once you exit the editor, close your browser tab, or go to another site that undo history is lost).

While we don't have a way to convert a site from one editor to another, you can try out the Square Online editor by signing up for a new account and choosing the option that you want to sell online.

View Best Answer >

Message 24 of 66
65 REPLIES 65
Square

Best Answer

We don't currently have a way to revert back to specific versions of your site, unfortunately. We can restore fully deleted pages if you deleted a page, but we can't restore content or revert it to previous versions.

Since your published website still has the content, you can copy text from there and right-click and download images as well, that way you can use that to recreate your content as it was before you made changes. 

One additional note about an undo button. We don't currently have that for the classic Weebly drag and drop editor, though we do have an undo button for the newer Square Online editor. That button will undo changes you've made while you keep the editor open (once you exit the editor, close your browser tab, or go to another site that undo history is lost).

While we don't have a way to convert a site from one editor to another, you can try out the Square Online editor by signing up for a new account and choosing the option that you want to sell online.

Message 24 of 66

That is seriously ridiculous. Please add this to the feature requests. Being able to play around with a page and then start over from scratch if you completely mess it up seems like such an obvious feature I can't believe we even have to ask for it.

Message 24 of 66

Message 24 of 66

I totally agree with this and am looking forthe same feature

Message 24 of 66

I'm overwhelmed at how this site works.  When will weebly make a sensible change? I've just lost all my photos on a page that took so long to create and I just wanted to delete one whilst using the app.  Instead of deleting one photo it got rid of the lot.  But hey,  I went to look for the undo or revert to previously published but still it does not exist.  This was raised ages ago.  What do we pay our business subscription for? 

Message 24 of 66

Agree!! The same just happened to me! Where can we ask for this to be changed? I am SO sad I've lost all of the work I put into this page that I now all lost!
Message 24 of 66

I'm overwhelmed at how this site works.  When will weebly make a sensible change? I've just lost all my photos on a page that took so long to create and I just wanted to delete one whilst using the app.  Instead of deleting one photo it got rid of the lot.  But hey,  I went to look for the undo or revert to previously published but still it does not exist.  This was raised ages ago.  What do we pay our business subscription for? 

Message 24 of 66
Square

Sorry for the trouble, @matt_warby. We can restore pages and sites, but not content otherwise intact pages. I see a deleted page from earlier this year called "gallery". I'm not sure if it would be helpful, though I can restore that to your site if it happened to have an older version of your gallery.

Message 24 of 66

I need to retore a page to the most recently published version.  I accidentally erased part of it!

Message 24 of 66
Square

Hi @tburg10 I'm not sure if we can restore individual elements to a page. If the entire page is deleted we can restore, but content on a single page is hit or miss. I can give it a shot, though. What is the name of the site and the page name you deleted from? 

Message 24 of 66

You don't "play" with a live page!

You make a COPY, HIDE in navigation, and play with that.

Message 24 of 66

Wordpress allows you to discard changes before publishing.  But Weebly doesn't?  ABSURD.    BYE-BYE.

Message 24 of 66

Having this same issue. Trying to find the theme I had used before, but can't find it to switch back

Message 24 of 66
Square

Can you post a link to your site? Thanks so much!

Message 24 of 66

Hi! Can I ask how do I switch back my previous theme? I just tried the other themes and I want to switch back to my previous theme again, the theme I have published. Can you help me with this?
Message 24 of 66
Square

Hi there. Looks like the theme on the published site is called Paper. You can access it from the Recently Used tab when you click on Change Theme. Hope this helps. Smiley Happy

Message 24 of 66

what if i changed code in code editor

Message 24 of 66
Square

if you changed code in the theme editor, it's probably easiest to just switch back to the standard version of your theme.

Message 24 of 66

hello!!

Message 24 of 66

Hello there,

Yep I am here again, trying to figure out something. I have accidentally remove an element on a page I am working with. Page is https://www.hollywoodfashionmerchandise.com/
so before the NEWS and EVENTS there is still a page above it, that was remove, I have overlooked what the page shows me when I refresh it sadly it was gone. Is there anyway that I can still retrieve it?

Thank you,
Ace
Message 24 of 66