x

Domain not connecting

I purchased a domain from a third-party and followed the step in Weebly and the third-party site to connect my domain. It's been at least three days and it's still not connected. In fact, ever since I tried to connect my domain whenever I publish my site the updates would be partially visible. Everything but the header on the sub pages and the page name would publish. I changed the page name and republished several times with no error messages received but under my Weebly sub domain the published site would still display the old page name and not recognize the new page name. The new headers I added would not be visible as well. Now I cannot see the published site at all. So I have a 404 error for the Weebly subdomain and a 404 error for the domain I purchased and was attempting to connect. Please help. 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Square Community Moderator

Welcome to the Seller Community, @Diytiny 🎉

Can you please post a link to your website so we can take a look? You may need to update the A-records, but we can confirm once we view. 😊

Thanks in advance! 

Message 2 of 6

Hello. Sorry for the delay. My website is diytiny.weebly.com.

Message 3 of 6
Square Community Moderator

Sorry for the delay, @Diytiny We must have missed the alert over the weekend. 

I'm guessing you are running into the error because you cannot link a custom domain to a free account. Can you confirm the custom domain name you are trying to connect so we can confirm? 

You can publish the site as it is right now to the Weebly subdomain, but will most likely have to upgrade before publishing to your custom domain. 

Message 4 of 6

Hello. I'm still experiencing trouble with my domain not connecting to Weeble. Can I get some help?

Message 5 of 6

How do I disconnect my domain from the Weebly account? I cannot see or publish my website at all. 

Message 6 of 6