x

Shoppers are getting a "This store cannot ship to the specified address" error

All the prices seem to be ok, the credit cards multiple customers were using were ok and yet this error came up: "This store cannot ship to the specified address." HELP! How do I fix it?

Message 1 of 29
1 Best Answer

Best Answer

Hello @huxley. Your customer who is living in XXX country had encountered this error during checkout because you most likely did not specify a shipping rate for that country. To fix that, simply click on 'Store' in the upper bar, click 'Setup', then 'Shipping', then click on the 'Add Region' button and search for the country where your customer resides and add it. Cheers! Smiley Happy

https://www.weebly.com/app/help/us/en/topics/set-up-shipping-areas-and-rates

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 29
28 REPLIES 28

Best Answer

Hello @huxley. Your customer who is living in XXX country had encountered this error during checkout because you most likely did not specify a shipping rate for that country. To fix that, simply click on 'Store' in the upper bar, click 'Setup', then 'Shipping', then click on the 'Add Region' button and search for the country where your customer resides and add it. Cheers! Smiley Happy

https://www.weebly.com/app/help/us/en/topics/set-up-shipping-areas-and-rates
Message 2 of 29

I had this problem too??

Message 3 of 29
Square

Customers will see that error if you set up shipping for one region, and they enter a shipping address in a different region that doesn't have a rate set up for it.

If you know where they're located you can set up rates for that region and they'll be able to order.

Message 4 of 29

Hi 

I do love Weebly.  I've been getting a number of emails from customers lately who've been unable to shop in the last week. They have been having problems with paypal/proceeding to shipping and then getting message 'in this store does not ship to the provided address'.  I've not changed anything - I think it's all coming from Weebly.

When I read the above solutions they are confusing as the actual button words are not used.  

I think we now have to click on STORE in the top menu and then SETUP in the LHS menu (not SETTINGS in top menu) and then SHIPPING RATES in LHS menu and then you have to scroll down screen to select your shipping area and shipping rules.  I'm pretty sure we used to be able to pick actual countries.  Now - I can't pick Australia - we don't even seem to be in "rest of World'.  Where are we?? Smiley Happy  

Message 5 of 29

Hey there Romy!

The reason why those explanations might seem odd is that we've recently revamped the Store settings, so they're dealing with an interface that's no longer there. You do have the right area, though! You'd want to select Shipping Rules under the Shipping submenu, then click Add Shipping Rule, and go ahead and type in your country of choice.

Australia should certainly be included, though! I've been able to pull it up in my list here, and I'm pretty sure the continent hasn't fallen off the earth since I first loaded Weebly today, so if it's not showing up for you for any reason, that's definitely an issue!

Message 6 of 29

I am absolutely having this issue too - unable to find Australia when adding a country. Can you please assist? I've been inundated by emails with customers unable to order - and it has only been an issue today! 

Message 7 of 29

I am also having the same issue with Australia not showing up in the shipping country list.

The problem has only started today. My store has been open for over 2 years and been working fine, but today I am getting calls saying that the address is invalid. I am losing sales and it is frustrating. Please fix asap.

Message 8 of 29

Same problem for Australia since yesterday! It was fine before and since yesterday problem. Free shipping works through when entering the shipping option "rest of the world". Super frustrating! I hoipe for a fast fix! Thanks

Message 9 of 29
Square

Sorry for the trouble, everyone. I've opened a ticket with our engineering team to look into this. Thanks for your patience!

Message 10 of 29

So 3 hours ago weebly knew about this and its not fixed???

Australia is going into the weekend we are all loosing money while you figure it out. We paid for a service and now its down, this is crazy. Hurry up please! just revert to old shipping while u sole this at least!

Message 11 of 29

I have had customers notify me of this issue this morning as well. I can also not find Australia in the list for shipping rules.
My website is www.bangoonbaby.com.au

Message 12 of 29

Same error here (australia) - wont even allow me to ship to the store address. My site is set up for Australia only. I deleted and re-entered the shipping rates and rules, and now it's not adding shipping cost at checkout. 

This has only occurred since the Weebly Shipping upgrade.

I'm losing income - help!!!

Message 13 of 29

Message 14 of 29

I've noticed that Jervis Bay Territory has been added to states - this is wrong, its not a state & not sure if its got anything to do with the problem, just need it fixed asap Smiley Sad

Message 15 of 29
Square

Which site did you see this with, @Romy? I'll update our engineers with the site so they know which one to look at.

Message 16 of 29

Yes this is also happening with my site! Please let us know when Australia has been added. Losing sales and very frustrating!

Message 17 of 29

my website is www.luludu.com.au

Message 18 of 29

My website is www.nurserywallprints.com.au

Please fix it asap.

I hope we get some sort of compensation from Weebly for all the sales we have lost in the past 2 days.

Message 19 of 29

STILL NOT FIXED AND NO RESPONSE FROM THE EMAIL I SENT TO WEEBLY YESTERDAY MORNING.

Not good enough. We are losing income. And we are paying Weebly for the privledge to do so!

Message 20 of 29

same thing with me where is Australia
Message 21 of 29