x

Site Security Badge

I was reading a post about using the SSL on the checkout only versus the entire site.  (Here is that thread: HTTPS/SSL ? Whole site or just the checkout?)  In that, there was a suggestion to use the McAfee app to add the logo to your site.

Here is my issue with this:  I have a Business site which included the SSL.  Why should I use an app that is going to cost me an EXTRA $29/month to show that my site is secure?  Granted, there is a free plan option, but the badge only shows to the first 500 viewers; after that, it doesn't show at all.  Why isn't there something (html code maybe) provided BY WEEBLY that we could put in the footer or wherever to show that our sites are secure?  Inquiring minds...

~Angela

Tags (2)
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Site security is a tricky issue, and when it comes down it, comparing something like SSL to McAfee can be two different subjects, as SSL is actively working to keep your checkout secure, while McAfee just provides peace of mind to visitors to ensure the website is safe.

I've seen a lot of people add 'Badges' to the bottom of their website that indicate the checkout is secure, something along the lines of: 

Which indicates that during checkout, SSL will be present and WILL be secured. 

Message 2 of 4

Thank you!
Message 3 of 4

Thanks so much!

Message 4 of 4