x

Switch to Paypal Merchant only, but still have Credit + Debit card displayed. Or alter Paypal icon?

Please help....

I want to switch my store to only accepting Paypal. I have a merchant services account, which accepts both normal PayPal payments and credit and debit card (without need to sign up to PayPal).

I want to remove Square from my store due to chargebacks. Square offers absolutely no chargeback protection since Weebly does not provide them with any of the customer's demographic data at the time of order. This means they cannot provide protection for any chargeback claim. They also have a habit of approving all transactions, even when the address is incorrect. But take no responsibility for this. This has opened our store up to scams and I want this to stop.

Paypal is different, as long as you have shipped the item with tracking, they will cover you under their seller protection. I want then to just use Paypal as my only payment processor. The issue is that when I do this, it just has the same PayPal icon as normal. I would like to be able to change it, or have it say something like credit/debit card + PayPal payments (for example). I fear people get deterred by Paypal because they think they need to sign up.

Is this possible? If so How do I do it?

An option,... Paypal does offer custom buttons. How then do I edit the html at checkout? 

Tags (2)
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square

Thanks for detailing that all out, @AASS. Did you disconnect from Square in Store > Checkout? Once you do that it should change the icon to only show PayPal as an option.

Message 2 of 4

Thanks for reply.

However, I think I mentioned that I want to be able to edit the default Paypal icon. So that it reads Paypal and Credit/debit cards. As Paypal can also process both. If you remove square it just says Paypal.

Message 3 of 4
Square

I see what you are saying, and that makes perfect sense to me. However, there isn't a way to edit that page (that I know of) and it sounds like this would need to be submitted as a feature request. I was going to suggest you add this information to an FAQ page, but it looks like you have already done this. Nice site, by the way! 

https://community.weebly.com/t5/Vote-on-Features/idb-p/IdeaExchange

Message 4 of 4