x

Can't get the website published from Square

I purchased a google domain and connected to Square site. When I click publish, it keeps showing published and a loading sign forever. I see this message as well: The editor requires an update. We're making some updates and need you to reload this page. When I reload the page, it doesn't finish loading....

osio_0-1665551129596.png

I contacted the Square Support team and talked to 5 different agents. None of them could resolve the issue. I was told that they will follow up with an email but never got one for almost two weeks.

I reached out to the support team but was told that there was not support ticket issued?

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Square Community Moderator

Thanks for reaching out, @osio 

I'm sorry to hear you are having some trouble resolving this issue. This needs to be addressed by the support team, however, I am not seeing any additional internal information I can provide at this time. 

Can you post a screenshot of what you see when you try to publish the website? I can try to reach out to the rep assigned to your case to see if they can follow-up with you and provide more details. Can you also please post a screenshot of your DNS records? It seems you may be missing an A-record, although that shouldn't cause you to see the error in the editor that you described. 🤔

Message 2 of 13

Screen Shot 2022-10-14 at 11.43.08 AM.pngScreen Shot 2022-10-14 at 11.43.17 AM.png

Message 3 of 13

Screen Shot 2022-10-14 at 11.46.10 AM.png

Message 4 of 13

Thanks for the information. I was able to find a filed bug for this issue you are experiencing. The engineers are still troubleshooting, and the only work around I see at this time is to rebuild the site, unfortunately. 

I can request more information in the upcoming week if you want to hold off on the rebuild. I apologize again that you are experiencing this. I know you are probably ready to get your site up and running! 

Message 5 of 13

Thank you for clarifying. Could you guide me through how to go about rebuilding the website?

Message 6 of 13

Hello! I was wondering about the status of the troubleshoot. I haven't rebuilt the website.

Message 7 of 13

Thanks for your continued patience with this @osio. I reached out to the team to find out the best way to accomplish this. I will let you know as soon as I hear back. 

Message 8 of 13

Is there any update? @BernadetteA 

Message 9 of 13

The bug is still in unresolved status. 😕 I was able to confirm with multiple engineers that the bug is specific to the site itself, and should not affect any other sites in your account. That said, I wasn't able to get 100% confirmation that a copied version of the site would be without issue. I think it's worth a shot giving it a go, though. Unless you are okay with rebuilding from scratch.

To copy the site, or add a new site, navigate to the Square Online dashboard and click the dropdown in the top right corner of the screen. You will see:

You are welcome to choose either option (add or duplicate). If you do choose to copy/duplicate the site, please let me know if the same issue persists so that I can update the team. The same goes for if you create a brand new site and see the original error. 

My apologies for the troubles here, @osio. As of today I believe you are still the only account that has reported this, which can make it more difficult for engineers to troubleshoot since they are not able to replicate as well. 

I'll be on the lookout for your next reply ❤️

Message 10 of 13

@BernadetteA Thank you for the update! It seems that adding a new site and building from a scratch works. How would I be able to transfer the professional site plan to the newly built one? 

Message 11 of 13

I can actually do this for you, @osio 😊

The service has been moved over to the new site that you published to a Square subdomain. (Please let me know if I moved it to the wrong site!). 

Your custom domain should be unlinked from the original site... If you have trouble connecting the domain to the new site, @ me so that I receive a notification here, and to my email. 

I also added an extra month of service to your plan since it took about a month for us to get to this resolution! Thank you again for your patience, and understanding with this matter. ❤️

Message 12 of 13

Maybe you can try to copy all the code and rebuild a new website. This is really rare.

Message 13 of 13