x

membership applications and access?

I've done a keyword search and every post that relates to this topic the responder says, "Can I get more info" and there is never an actual answer. Hoping I can get an actual answer, this time. 

I am a newbie to all of this, but I seemed to be limping along okay up until now.  I need to create a membership application form page with a payment button that, when submitted and payment is verified, they are provided immediate access to the membership-only pages in our website. Now, if that is not possible, I could probably cobble together something where they submit the application and they go into a "membership pending" status which allows them access to a page where they click an embedded paypal link and make their payment.  I'll get the paypal alert and then go into the Weebly site as an admin and change their membership status to "membership confirmed" and they now get access to all of the members-only webpages.

So, 1) can I combine a membership application and payment button that only allows the application to be approved after payment has been made and, if so, provides immediate access to the members-only pages?

2) if so, can we add expiration dates so their membership will expire unless it's renewed (which could be a different section on a different page). 

3) If #1 is not possible, can I create multiple member statuses (levels?) that allow access to different web pages in the site? So, after application submission, they get added to the membership list as "pending" and then I go in as the admin and manually change them to "confirmed" after I get the payment alert and they can then access the members-only section.

4) Per the above question, can I create membership lists with multiple statuses (or maybe levels?) and manually enter expiration dates for each member?

5) Assuming we can have multiple statuses/levels with member lists and I can set expiration dates in this list, can I set up the membership list to automatically drop a member to "pending" status, if their membership expiration date has passed and they have not "re-upped" their membership? (meaning I haven't gotten their payment and gone in and adjusted the expiration date)

I know this is a LOT, but I can't find any user guides with instructions on this stuff.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square Community Moderator

Welcome to the Seller Community @ncrmc 👋 

The features you are looking for are pretty advanced, and not available for the current Square services. 

I believe Jotform will allow a payment within the form, but you would still be responsible for manually allowing access to specific pages. This aspect would also be limited because there is only the option to add password protect specific pages. It's not possible to have multiple passwords for different levels, so each restricted page would have the same password. 

Unfortunately, I do not think Square Online is the best fit for you at this time, but I do encourage you to check back in down the road. We are constantly making improvements to the ecommerce service, and it's possible we will have what you are looking for in the near future.

Message 2 of 2