x
Beta Member

I'm still a little confused. How long does it usually take to get the know how?

My name is Heather I am a new owner of a cleaning company in Dothan Alabama. I have a lot of people that pay by credit card due to covid. I offer cleaning services of any sort. When plumbers and electricians and contractors leave I go and do the dirty work.... I clean up their mess. I have some pretty big contracts. I get many credit card payments because I stay busy and I work hard. But my account keeps getting closed down, I really don't understand why? There is so much to learn on this platform, and I don't know what I'm missing?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Super Seller

@Hshirah78 Are you talking about deposits being suspended and requiring verification?

If you are getting big credit card payments, especially not in person payments, those are high fraud risk, especially on a new account.  I would recommend that you try to get them to pay with a credit card in person and you get the contactless NFC/Chip reader and this will greatly help you.  Otherwise, I would also look at using invoices and the ACH payments as they have a better fraud profile than credit cards in a lot of ways.

Donnie
Multi-Unit Manager
Order Up Cafe/Tombras Cafe/Riverview Cafe/City County Cafe
Roddy Vending Company, Inc.
www.OrderUpCafe.com

Using Square since July, 2017
Square Super Seller
Square Beta Team

"Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment."

"You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help other people get what they want." Z.Z.
Do you want to have great restaurant menus that are easy to edit and don't cost a fortune? I use MustHaveMenus and you can too!
MustHaveMenus
Message 2 of 3
Super Seller

These methods also have the added discount of being cheaper to process, especially the ACH payments.  I would especially recommend the ACH payments and invoices.

Message 3 of 3