x

New to the e-commerce world

Hello!  I am a candle maker and other aroma items business in West Michigan.  I am set up online but people are not finding me.  Need to work on SEO but not having success.  Any tips for me?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Super Seller

Welcome @bougielivingllc 

Is your website through Square or another provider? (WordPress, shopify etc).  

Do you have a physical location and able to setup a Google my Business page (now through Google Maps)

I assume you have Social Media as well?

Dan
Scorpion Coating Plus,LLC
Square Super Seller
Check out Square support center for additional help.
Message 2 of 5

With Square formerly Shopify. 
I have FB, google business Instagram & TikTok 

For some reason I cannot remove the catalog in FB from the former Shopify and FB flagged it as inappropriate?? A gift card was one of those and mugs with candles or others! Since they are flagged I cannot sell on FB! I also can’t remove them other than archive 🙄

Message 3 of 5
Super Seller

@bougielivingllc wrote:

With Square formerly Shopify. 
I have FB, google business Instagram & TikTok 

For some reason I cannot remove the catalog in FB from the former Shopify and FB flagged it as inappropriate?? A gift card was one of those and mugs with candles or others! Since they are flagged I cannot sell on FB! I also can’t remove them other than archive 🙄

So I am not sure how much this article can help you.  I don't use Square for my website, so I am unsure how in depth you are able to go with SEO functions.  

But I have used and reference that site i shared a lot, from SEO, to web Speed.  Some good information in there in general.  Many things you can do that are free and you won't have to pay money for, but that they will require your time.  I haven't messed around with my SEO for some time, but when I was I was becoming a bit more familiar with how things work, which was pretty cool to learn. 

IMO, GMB as long as it is/was verified location can be one of your greatest tools.  Moz local, and White spark are also very good sources to use.  

I can't help you out with the Facebook problem.  I do have a FB Page, but I never got into FB selling metrics at all 

Dan
Scorpion Coating Plus,LLC
Square Super Seller
Check out Square support center for additional help.
Message 4 of 5

My address is in my house so I don’t really want people to go there. It is mostly online or when I do craft shows/pop up shops.  I believe I did the Google business page.

Message 5 of 5