x
Admin

Welcome to the Artists and Makers group! ๐ŸŽจ ๐Ÿงถ ๐Ÿงต

Hi, everyone! Welcome to the Artists & Makers group in Seller Community! Whether you're selling your work or selling items made by others, this is the group for you. You can use this space to ask questions and share tips, knowledge, ideas, and more. 

If you're new to the group, please reply here and introduce yourself or start a new thread about anything you want! 

If you haven't already joined the group, visit the group home page and click the Join Group Hub button. We're looking forward to getting to know you and your business! ๐Ÿ˜Š

Elisabeth (she/they)
Join a Group to connect with other business owners like you!
Message 1 of 143
142 REPLIES 142
Beta Member

Hi Kate,

I'm a macrame and crocheter too. I also knit. I'll check out your website and feel free to check out mine too - Colour My Dreams. Maybe we can compare knots. ๐Ÿ˜‚

Cheers,

Cathie

Message 127 of 143

Hi Cathie, 

I will take a look at your website 

feel free to pass on feedback regarding mine too as I have no idea what Iโ€™m doing lol 

kreativek8scustommakes.square.site

thanks Kate 

Message 128 of 143
Beta Member

Hello everyone. I am Andreea, based in North Carolina, USA and I own Worganix. I make artisan soap mostly with natural ingredients (there are some soaps made with fragrance oils as I have customers who prefer those), and recently I added candles and hair bows to the website. As a maker, I find it hard to create just one type of products so I am trying to gear the business towards gift shopping, a place where you can find gifts for everyone on your list or for yourself. I also added a blog page on the website where readers can find information about handmade products. 

Please visit my website and let me know what you think of it!

https://worganix.square.site/

Message 129 of 143

Looks like there are many people from NC.  Me too!  Brevard - WNC

Message 130 of 143

Hello all!

My name is India and I am the owner/artist for Brigid's Whispers. I am a small business in Washington state. I have been in business for 12 years and have evolved with the times and trends.

I am a resin artist and also a handbag maker. I specialize in creepy/dark/witchy/whimsical themes and love finding new ways to explore my art!

My current hot items are my Coffin Unwelcome Porch signs and my embroidered purses and crossbodies. 

I offer custom orders and have been able to set up my website to accommodate and offer many custom options.

I am active on TikTok, Instagram, and Facebook and have my website too!

Check me out and spread the word!

www.brigidswhispers.com

Facebook - brigidswhispers

Instagram - brigidswhispers

TikTok - @Brigidswhispers1031

Message 131 of 143

I loved the dog/love plaque that I ordered from you A++++++++

Message 132 of 143
Beta Member

My name is Brandon

I own and operate a small blacksmith shop in Raleigh, NC called Reaver Forge. I primarily focus on architectural and decorative ironwork. Railings, gates, latches and locks, hinges, cabinet hardware, kitchen implements, decorations and signs, etc. This is both a full time business as well as therapy for me. I love what I do, and I do what I love!

Brandon Willson
Message 133 of 143

Hello, @ElisabethB ! Thank you for starting this group. My name is Travis Butterworth. I own a small business called Renaissance Leather. We manufacture artisanal quality leather goods. Over the 30 years of the history of the business, we have grown to the point where we employ 5 full time artisans and 3 sales people. I officially bought out my business in January, becoming the sole owner. I included a couple photos so you can get a better sense for what we do.Pompeii.jpggrand3.jpgPO-GROUP.JPG

Travis Butterworth
Message 134 of 143

Travis - your work is absolutely gorgeous

Message 135 of 143

Thank you!

Travis Butterworth
Message 136 of 143
Beta Member

Hi ๐Ÿ‘‹ I am new to the group, my name is Peter Hayles aka Peter Banner I decorate apparel, perform cut and sew, create and manipulate illustrations running my own apparel decorating business by the name PBADNY this stands for Peter Banner Apparel Decorating New York, yes Iโ€™m from New York! . Iโ€™m a music producer, classic hip hop artist who recorded with Artist like Olโ€™ Dirty **bleep** from the WU-Tang Clan, Mista Sinista of the X-Ecutioners, Jamalski from BDP and others. I started my Etsy Shop a few weeks ago using a brand I created called CROOKADILE / CROOKADILEUS  the logo is a digital depiction of a crocodile wearing a face mask giving it the look of a burglar hence Crook-adile. I want to reach out to the sellers whoโ€™ve had success with there shops and maybe learn a few pointers on how to get my shop selling like hot cakes! Im very civil, Respectful, Responsible and Kind is just one of the words you will hear people say about me. I am Multitalented and would like to offer my services if it can help some of you reach your ultimate goals. Thank you all in advance , and I wish you all push your dreams to the limit.

Message 137 of 143

Hey everyone. I'm new to the group. I just started a crochet business and put up my site. I've found the most challenging part is marketing and getting customers. Any tips are appreciated.

https://crafty-patty-creations.square.site

Message 138 of 143

First, I love the four dogs wearing the scarves. Your work is beautiful.  It does take a while to establish your online presence.  Do you sell at festivals or anyplace else?  If so, I would create a card, flyer, paper, etc. pass them out.  I enclose one with every order that is not through square.  All mine says is Shop Online @op Taylors.com.  We also have 3 brick and mortar stores where online info is given to every customer.  Hope any of this helps.  If your friends have email with different contacts, ask them to email  Friends can be a great assets most friends will help.  Email friends first, explain, if they are willing to send to their friends.  Have them say this is a really good friend trying to get her online established.  Give her shop a look.  Her items are amazing. (Something of that nature)

It can't hurt and will probably get some site traffic

Message 139 of 143

Thank you for the compliments and the info is a great help!  Making things is the easy part, Marketing is the hard part.  I'm optimistic.  ๐Ÿ˜Š

Message 140 of 143

Detailed listings and multiple photos Will definitely help

Message 141 of 143

Hi there!

I'm new on here, and am just starting a Portrait Artist Freelancing business. I paint human portraits, pet portraits in oil. Trying to keep all options open, for selling, when opening my business. Looking forward to learning from you all!

Marian 

Message 142 of 143
Admin

Welcome Marian! 

Max Pete
Community Engagement Program Manager, Square
Seller Community
Message 143 of 143