x
Super Seller

Best of Beauty: Let's talk Trends!

JPoynter_0-1627933251419.jpeg

Hair and Beauty Trends in and out of 2021
Alright my beautiful people. Spill it. 
This past year and a half has been a whirlwind in terms of pivoting and adapting in your business. Things are coming back in style that I never thought would (ahem, yes I'm looking at you 90's trends) and others are on their way out. 

Two-part question: What is one hair/beauty trend you are THRILLED to see more of in 2021 and beyond AND what's one trend you could have done without in 2021?  

Jess
Hair Designer | Certified Trichologist

Visit My Website - JP Style & Solutions
Check out the magic on Instagram - @JESS.POYNTER
Make an impact on Facebook - @JPSTYLESOLUTIONS
Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
Super Seller

For me, I am so excited to see a push back to more natural beauty applications and "lived-in" color placements. The overly done-up and artificial practices have had their day and I'm excited to see this trend towards natural. In the same way, I LOVE seeing clients embracing their gray hair and also wanting to enhance it! 

As for what I can do without in the future, I think it's pretty obvious, but almost anything that's coming back from the 90s and 2000s. We don't need chunky highlights to make a comeback! 😁

Jess
Hair Designer | Certified Trichologist

Visit My Website - JP Style & Solutions
Check out the magic on Instagram - @JESS.POYNTER
Make an impact on Facebook - @JPSTYLESOLUTIONS
Message 2 of 20
Admin

Funny you mention grey hair... I have a lot!

Adam
Seller Community, Platform
Message 3 of 20
Admin

I had forgotten about the chunky highlights from the 1990s @JessPoynter 😂 - please no! Much like 2020, I'm struggling to remember anything not-related to COVID-19 from the first part of this year. Is celebrating that your local salon is still open a 'trend'?

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 4 of 20
Super Seller

We should make it one!

Doran

Esthetician
Haute Beauty Guide
Message 5 of 20
Super Seller

I just heard a client ask for the Rachel haircut and I wasn't sure if she was kidding or not or if she meant it as something other than the Rachel from Friends!

Doran

Esthetician
Haute Beauty Guide
Message 6 of 20

I also love that women are embracing their gray hair.  I started donning my grays about 3 years ago (when it wasn't cool). I just didn't want to color it anymore and worry about my roots showing.  Who knew I'd be in style 2 years later!  LOL  As for makeup, I've always donned a more natural look.  Mostly just foundation, blush, and some lipsense.  When we go out to dinner or to a party?  I'll add some mascara, and out the door we go. 

Cheryl A Stone
Message 7 of 20
Super Seller

As an esthetician, I am so excited to see hydro jelly masks making a comeback and sheet masks going away!  The benefits are great but from a therapist's standpoint, they are just more fun to perform. 

Doran

Esthetician
Haute Beauty Guide
Message 8 of 20

I like most of the esthemax hydro-jelly masks except for the strong perfume-y smells some of them have.  The caviar mask doesn't smell too strong and it doesn't have the chunks of stuff in them...  

Message 9 of 20
Square

When I did hair in 2012 we were still getting that same blonde and red highlight photo of Kelly Clarkson. Also happy chunky highlights are going away.

Screen Shot 2021-08-05 at 4.33.55 PM.png

Elyn (She/Her)
Beta Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 10 of 20
Admin

Surprisingly long lifespan for that hairstyle!

Adam
Message 11 of 20
Beta Member

I just had someone request this look....this look I can do without! 

Message 12 of 20
Beta Member

Has anyone done the wolf cut yet? I've had 2 of them and they are a short shag or a mullet and shag its crazy 

Message 13 of 20

I grew up getting shag cuts and then they morphed into mullets and it's hilarious to me that this look is coming back around, but if the shag is done right it can be really cute!

Message 14 of 20
Admin

Not many people can pull off a mullet, but it can be done. David Bowie did it! Then again, he was David Bowie.

Adam
Message 15 of 20
Beta Member

My son (who is 26) is sporting the shaved sides mullet...thankfully he has natural curls so no need to perm it.  He lives out of state, so he isn't running around town here with it 🤣

Message 16 of 20
Super Seller

😂I laughed so hard at this.  

Doran

Esthetician
Haute Beauty Guide
Message 17 of 20

Farrah Fawcett did it too, and she pulled it off as well.  Done right, it can really look great.

Cheryl A Stone
Message 18 of 20

Totally digging the return of the shag and If I never see another balayage request as long as I Live, I will die happy. lol. I love highlights and doing a balayage like look with highlights but that open air, orange leaving, hand painting can kick rocks. 

Message 19 of 20
Beta Member

I am so over balayage also!  Also, if I don't see another vivid color, I wouldn't be too upset about that.

Message 20 of 20