x
Super Seller

Social Media:  How do you get clients to leave reviews or promote your business on social?

These days most relationships start online.  What is your best tip to get clients to leave reviews or promote your business online (IG stories, posts, TikToks, etc)?  

Doran

Esthetician
Haute Beauty Guide
Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30
Super Seller

I'll go first!  

I have a selfie wall that clients LOVE to take pictures in front of.  It has a fun floral display, a ring light, and my business name in the background.  Ever since I put it up, clients do their own thing with it and generate a buzz for my studio by posting and tagging pictures to different social networks. 

Doran

Esthetician
Haute Beauty Guide
Message 2 of 31
Super Seller

That’s a really good idea! 

Jess
Hair Designer | Certified Trichologist

Visit My Website - JP Style & Solutions
Check out the magic on Instagram - @JESS.POYNTER
Make an impact on Facebook - @JPSTYLESOLUTIONS
Message 3 of 31
Beta Member

This is an awesome idea! Can we see a picture?

Message 4 of 31
Super Seller

Screen Shot 2021-08-11 at 2.38.56 PM.png

Doran

Esthetician
Haute Beauty Guide
Message 5 of 31

Use a location tag for it, as well? https://thepreviewapp.com/create-custom-location-instagram/ 

Message 6 of 31
Super Seller

This is something I struggle with constantly. I have tried to do giveaways and referral points for reviews, but still I don’t have too many reviews. 

I can’t wait to see what other people comment on this topic!

Jess
Hair Designer | Certified Trichologist

Visit My Website - JP Style & Solutions
Check out the magic on Instagram - @JESS.POYNTER
Make an impact on Facebook - @JPSTYLESOLUTIONS
Message 7 of 31

I have a coaching business so I develop a personal relationship with my customers. As a result, it is easier for me to get reviews. In the beginning I did not worry too much about reviews but now I ask all the time. My persistence in asking has paid off in the long run.

Message 8 of 31
Super Seller

Great point about creating relationships!

Doran

Esthetician
Haute Beauty Guide
Message 9 of 31
Beta Member

I'm newer to square. How can clients leave a review. Is there a link or something you can share? The only thing I can find in square is the email follow-up that is sent automatically a certain time after a purchase. Thanx for any advice.

Message 10 of 31
Alumni

Here's an article on using the Product Review feature with Square Online

@pharmie

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 11 of 31
Beta Member

This is a topic that we struggle with.  Our clients give us great reviews in person or via email, but not on our social media review pages.  To be honest,  I'm not sure how to encourage more reviews, and I'm afraid to see negative ones. At this time,  we have zero negative reviews and I would like to keep it that way.  

Message 12 of 31
Admin

One thing you might be able to do is ask your clients if they are okay with you sharing their feedback on social media. It's a little different from clients leaving the feedback directly, but it also allows you to fully control how the review is presented to followers.

Adam
Seller Community, Platform
Message 13 of 31
Super Seller

That is a really good idea.  I see this a lot on big ecomm sites and love the look of it.  

Doran

Esthetician
Haute Beauty Guide
Message 14 of 31
Beta Member

Like Doran, I too have a floral wall that our clients take photos in front of. I’ve built relationships with my clients to where they’ll re-share our posts or stop by our FB page and leave a review 

Message 15 of 31
Beta Member

I own a salon and to get followers, reviews, etc. We do giveaways! I’ll put a package together and ask people to like, share, and tag 3 friends to win. Pretty simple. For reviews we just ask our clients to leave a review and they get 10% off their next service. All in all it’s great exposure and everyone wins!

Message 16 of 31
Super Seller

I love the giveaway idea!  How often do you do it?  Like once a month? Do services or products do better at enticing people to join?

Doran

Esthetician
Haute Beauty Guide
Message 17 of 31
Super Seller

We typically make a connection with our customers first then eventually tell them (do not ask) that a review would be GREATLY APPRECIATED.

Also, for anyone that purchases in person then leaves a review on the spot, we offer them a free accessory to take home😊

Message 18 of 31

I copied your answer... Love it! Very proactive. 👍🏻

Message 19 of 31
Super Seller

Great!!! Can't wait to hear how it goes for you😀

Message 20 of 31

I do hair. When I have a new client, I message them a day or two later to thank them for coming in, ask how it is stying their hair or something to that effect. If the response is positive I ask them if they would like to leave a review since thats what most clients say help them to determine to come to me.

Something to the effect....'So glad you are enjoying your new hair. If you are so inclined would you consider leaving a review on my bus fb page? If its not your thing, no worries. Again thank you for coming in. Really nice to get to meet you.' then I link the direct address link to my client reveiws from my fb page. Im surprised how many people will , most all. Just ask them. 🙂 

Message 21 of 31