x
Admin

Sustainable and Eco Friendly Products

Would love to hear from other business owners -- 

How are you incorporating sustainable and eco-friendly products into your services?

Have you seen a growing demand for natural and organic beauty products among your clients?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Admin

Would love to learn any insights you have @Smellthis1919 @fiftytwo52 @Bronze_Palms @SiBellebeauty @MBL-Jacky   

Tra | she/her
Community Engagement Program Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 2 of 5
Square Champion

Definitely!

We have disposable products that are one time use and they come from recycled cardboard. Also, all of our solution bottles are recycled.

Outside of that, I have always led with natural, clean, non toxic solutions because I think that is where the world is heading in cosmetics. We also spray tan a lot of pregnant and breastfeeding women so it lends itself to be a more product-focussed market and we want to accommodate that. We recently had a product line made and I was all over the EWC website vetting ingredients. It is really interesting to see the original offered ingredients during manufacturing and what we ended up with; there were a lot of ingredients we decided against because they were not aligned with our core values of creating non toxic products.

UV-Free Tanning Salon Owner, Northern California (Campbell)
Square Champion - Expert
instagram.com/bronzepalms
Message 3 of 5
Square Champion

Yes absolutely!

We choose to work and invest in brands that align with us.

For example our massage oil range is a small eco friendly business. It is challenging to become sustainable and eco-friendly 100000% within our industry but by reducing waste and taking time to research brands and products - you are already many steps ahead your competitors!

Lois
Si Belle Beauty
www.sibellebeauty.com
Message 4 of 5
Square Champion

Yep!  I have been for years based on clients asking for it.  BUT... I think clients are shocked to learn what is really eco or organic and the price that comes with that.  So the real organic skincare didn't make the cut.  No one wanted to rebuy every 90 days and refridge and the price was $$$$.

What I have had luck on is switching ot reusable cotton rounds, sisal wash clothes, etc,  More local based products have worked well for my studio too.

Doran

Esthetician
Haute Beauty Guide
Message 5 of 5