x
Admin

Update: Announcing Recipients of the "Services that Back Us" Grant Program

Hello Seller Community,

Over the past few months, we encouraged Square sellers to apply for the American Express and Main Street America grant programs, and I'm thrilled to share an update featuring a handful of recipients from the “Services That Back Us” grant cycle. More opportunities are planned ahead for 2022, and we will let you know as soon as the next application period opens. Keep in touch!

Seller Highlights — How some of the recipients plan to use these grants to improve their businesses:

• “I plan to get a super, super big sign – with the budget for it made possible through the grant program American Express and Main Street America are providing!"
    — Skin Beauty Bar, Washington, D.C.

• The owner of Chicago-based VipCutz says: “This grant is definitely going to help us go a long way,” with plans to create a stronger social media presence.
    —  VipCutz, Illinois

• Scott Doney looks forward to storefront improvements: “I love the back of the shop where the equipment is. All the equipment is from like 1930s, ‘40s, ‘50s – all old – and I like that it looks like that. I want it all to look like that because the front is very plain.”
    — James Shoe Hospital, Tennessee

More about American Express and Main Street America:

Supporting the growth of small business is at the forefront of American Express’ community backing. As part of the “Services that Back Us” Grant Program, 75 U.S. small businesses in the personal service industry each received a $5,000 grant to help them grow and serve the daily lives of their customers and communities as they navigate through pandemic recovery.

To see the full list of grantees for this program, have a look at Main Street America's blog post: 75 Service Industry Small Businesses Awarded Grants Through Services That Back Us Program.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
Super Seller

thanks for sharing Tom, will take a look. 

Take care of yourself and, as life provides, someone else too.
Message 22 of 22