x

I'm trying to move my account from the US to Spain

I had a Square account in the US but I now live in Spain. I still have my Square reader. I would like to set it up to use here in Spain. I'm trying to change my account but as soon as I said I was now in Spain two things happened:

* The language changed to Spanish. I need to find where to specify a location of Spain but preferred language of English

* It won't let me change the physical address and is still defaulting to the US. When I tried to save what I'd entered it said I had an invalid address. 

Please help!

142 Vistas
Mensaje 1 de 2
Informe de contenido inapropiado
1 Respuesta
Administrador

Hi @JanetKayCeramic - thanks for letting us know 🙂 

Your Square account is only intended to be used in the country you set it up in. 

If you are planning to reside in Spain and have a registered address here, in order to process payments with Square you'll need to create a Spanish Square account. We can't transfer your account, unfortunately. - I may have misunderstood your question here - if you are trying to create a Spanish account, the link I've added here should allow you to do so. 

In terms of the language on your account, this is associated with your browser rather than your account, if you're using Chrome you can find the steps to manage that here

About your Reader, Square’s hardware is subject to testing and certification for compliance with country-specific regulations, such as for FCC compliance in the United States, or Restriction of Hazardous Substances (RoHS) compliance in the EU. Therefore, Square’s hardware is only approved for use in the country for which it is intended. For example, hardware sold or intended for sale in the US is not approved for use in Spain. 

I hope this helps, let me know if you have more questions. 

Breffni
Community Moderator, Ireland, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question
141 Vistas
Mensaje 2 de 2
Informe de contenido inapropiado