x

Vanishing transactions

Has anyone made a sale using a Square and the app and had it later disappear?

Yesterday, an hour and a half after the sale and while I was adding up the sales so far, the first one quite literally disappeared before my eyes. Seriously, it was there one minute and gone the next. 

I have contacted Square and all they say is, that's unfortunate... Unfortunate? It's a serious crisis of confidence!

Has anyone else had this experience and what did Square say or do for you to help? 

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Admin

Hey @Kevnickwil,

Thanks for getting in touch and sorry to hear you've had trouble using Square.

While I'm not familiar with your case or the conversation you had with support, transactions can't actually just disappear from our system.

A transaction can be incomplete, then voided. A transaction can also be declined. A transaction can be partially entered and not completed before closing the app. But a transaction can't entirely disappear. If you don't mind sending me a PM with your account email I'd be happy to take a further look into this and clarify what may have occurred!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 9

Trying to send you a PM but like getting through to customer services, not possible. If you want to PM me and I'll email you, that would be appreciated as this has happened again.

Message 3 of 9

Hi we are also in a similar situation to Kevin

we just started our retail business and made sales all day that went through and yet there is nothing in the app? Today we made sales again fixed what we thought was the issue on my phone app we received the payment but on my partners we received nothing yet all the sales went through ? Can you let me know please day 3 tomorrow not looking good 😌 

Message 4 of 9

• For the second time, transactions that beeped and went through properly, one even had a receipt emailed to them and all have vanished from my Square app. This is not the first time it's happened and I have a huge crisis of confidence in the whole system. 
Message 5 of 9
Admin

Hey @Kevnickwil,

Unfortunately we're not able to look into private transactional information via our public Seller Community forum, but if you've not already, please get in touch with our support team! They will be able to take a further look into the account.

You can call support on 1800 760 137. Lines are open Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm Melbourne time, and if you have to wait longer than a few minutes you will be prompted to leave a a number for a call back.

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 6 of 9

I am now numbering each transaction and taking a screenshot after every one. Now, if something should magically disappear again, even though that technically "isn't possible", would these screen shots act as proof of a transaction? I have lost $410 so far this year, three transactions on the same day.

Message 7 of 9

Hi

Today is my first day using square and this has already happened to me. I’m wondering if I’ve made a mistake by signing up to this company. 

I clearly remember taking 2 payments today and watching the screen go ti “Appreoved” and now both are missing from my transaction list. 

Message 8 of 9

Screenshot every transaction.

Are they not going through? Is the buyer getting a freebie? Or is Square masking an extra bit on the side? I have lost over $450 in 4 transactions, it's serious but the help desk insists it's not possible.

Message 9 of 9