x

Custom attributes for FB/Instagram shops

When trying to use the checkout through FB option instead of checkout through our website, it gives the error that there is no quantity for items (and thus removing them from the FB Shop). When reviewing these issues in Sales Channels on the Square Dashboard, it tells you the issue, yet there is no place to actually edit and fix the problem. It's a known issue as I've seen numerous posts about it. Integrating Square with FB Shop is supposed to sync everything automatically so the only option is to manually edit in FB every single item quantity, but will that actually sync with square if you make a sale on either platform?

Square tells you the exact field that is missing for them to sync up, but does not give you that field to edit. Why can we not just add the field to the Custom Attributes for the Sales Channels to correct it? FB needs 'quantity_to_sell_on_facebook' information and we have no field in Square to add that. It seems it should be rather simple to add since there are various Custom Attributes already added for the Square/FB integration.

Screenshot 2023-07-14 at 3.53.55 PM.pngScreenshot 2023-07-14 at 4.01.29 PM.png

Message 1 of 5
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi @JulieStafford - Hope you are well and that you had a good weekend. Thanks for your patience here 🙏

I've received a reply from our engineering team. Here's what they let me know, "We did some looking and we don't support this field today. However! We have plans to support it in the future (one of our engineers is looking into the changes needed to support this) - no ETA yet though."

I'm sorry that this probably isn't the answer you were looking for 😞 but I hope this information is helpful. Please do let me know if you have any additional questions

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 5 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Hi @JulieStafford - Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Square Seller Community to bring this to our attention. I'm sorry to hear that you've run into this issue 😔

I'm going to consult with my team on this one to get the best answer for you. I'll reach back out to you here once I gather more info!

Violet
Message 2 of 5

Thank you! I did reach out to FB on the issue and basically got an answer of 'they need to fix it on their end'. Since FB is going to stop supporting shops that don't have checkout through them, I'd love to get this resolved before their deadline next year so I can continue having a FB Shop. 

Message 3 of 5

Hey there again, @JulieStafford 👋 Thanks for following up.

I've got an engineer looking into this for us now. I'll provide an update for you here once I receive one. Thanks for your patience in the meantime 🙏

Violet
Message 4 of 5

Best Answer

Hi @JulieStafford - Hope you are well and that you had a good weekend. Thanks for your patience here 🙏

I've received a reply from our engineering team. Here's what they let me know, "We did some looking and we don't support this field today. However! We have plans to support it in the future (one of our engineers is looking into the changes needed to support this) - no ETA yet though."

I'm sorry that this probably isn't the answer you were looking for 😞 but I hope this information is helpful. Please do let me know if you have any additional questions

Violet
Message 5 of 5