x
Beta Member

I am having a couple of issues with Shift Reports in Square for Restaurants:

-I am trying to run a paper-free company, but the shift reports must be printed. Since we have no printer, we cannot run the report. It would be nice if there were an Email Shift Report function.

-I have the CC tips set up to be pooled and placed on my employees paychecks, but the shift report makes it seem as though they are supposed to be taking those tips. [Cash Sales-Non-Cash Tips= Cash Owed] It makes things very confusing.

-On the note of tip pooling, it would be ideal if the tips were pooled according to particular shift worked rather than the entire week.

-It is incredibly inconvenient that I have to log in from a computer in order to update/add/modify my menus/items/discounts. We should be able to do that live on the POS. 

Please let me know if I am mistaken about any of this.

Just a few notes for y'all. We love Square and want to stay on, but these things (especially the tip-pooling and adjusting menus on the POS itself) are issues that would ultimately lead me to find other solutions as our business grows. Thanks!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Admin

Thanks so much for taking the time to share this feedback, @TriforksEmpire!

1) We hear you about wanting to be paper-free! Emailing a shift report is currently a feature request, as I'm sure you already know. But you could run the report without printing it our and access that through your Online Dashboard as a workaround.

2) We have had other sellers request tip pooling after a shift instead of at the end of the week. Also, we realize that the employee tips vs. shift report can be confusing. 

The tip pooling on a daily basis is a feature request. The employee tips vs. shift reporting is something that we can improve. That particular issue can be better with enhanced integration between our Restaurants Product Team and our Payroll Product Team. We can say that those teams are actively working to integrate better with one another. Stay tuned for these types of updates here in the Community.

3) Having the ability to update and modify menus and items would definitely make your work flow much easier, I'm sure! You are not alone here. This is another popular feature request that we will escalate to our Product Team.

We hope you decide to stick it out with Square, but we also understand that these limitations can hinder a rapidly growing business. Again, we really appreciate your loyalty to Square and your feedback. Let me know if there's anything else I can answer for you. 

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 2 of 2