x

INVOICE AND PAYMENT MERGE AFTER PAYMENT MADE

Hi, 

Is it currently possible to create an invoice for a transaction after payment processed?  Can a Customer be associated with a manual purchase transaction? Can an Invoice and Manual Transaction be merged or associated?  For record keeping what is best practice?  We have a manager who will NOT go to Invoicing when job finished and ready to charge customer, he always uses manual entry...UGGH!!!

Message 1 of 2
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Welcome to the Community, @ShingleProsUSA

It's a little weird on how to get this done, but it is possible. 

If you wanted to create an Invoice for a payment that has already been taken - you do have the option to do so. There is a payment option of "Square Point of Sale" to account for the transaction. Keep in mind, it cannot link the transaction to the invoice, but does mark it as paid. Other sellers that have use this usually make note of the transaction in the invoice when it's created. 

Please let me know if you have any other questions, I would be happy to help! 

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Welcome to the Community, @ShingleProsUSA

It's a little weird on how to get this done, but it is possible. 

If you wanted to create an Invoice for a payment that has already been taken - you do have the option to do so. There is a payment option of "Square Point of Sale" to account for the transaction. Keep in mind, it cannot link the transaction to the invoice, but does mark it as paid. Other sellers that have use this usually make note of the transaction in the invoice when it's created. 

Please let me know if you have any other questions, I would be happy to help! 

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 2