x

Is it possible to Tag/Group payments?

Not sure if Squre is the right platform for what I need to develop.

1. User creates a in app group and invites members.

2. Each member registers with the app and is required to make a payment of $X to a payment processor (Square).

3. I need to group/tag those payements in the payment processor so I know what app group they are part of.

4. So if this was a road race a payment may need to go back out to the winner of the race as well.

Any ideas?

thanks,

v.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Alumni

It isn't possible to tag or group payments, but you should be able to keep track of each transaction ID and do any kind of grouping that you would want within the logic of your application. 

Hope that helps!

Message 2 of 4

Seems like a simple solution. Thanks for the help. One follow up. Can you send a UID field to Square? Like a GUID that they save on their side? I ask becuase If my solution is based on a return transaction Id from Square my concern would be if something went "wrong" after a succesful transaction through Square, but I have an orphaned record on my side and no way to reconnect that record with the Square transaction. Even if the call was synchronous something could still go wrong.

Message 3 of 4
Alumni

You should into Idempotency Keys, that will be able to help you if something goes "wrong". You should also look at the reference_id here: https://docs.connect.squareup.com/api/connect/v2/#endpoint-charge

Message 4 of 4