x

Images blurry

Hi,

I have put my etsy shop in sync with square for in person sales. This works fine.

But product images on my online store (weebly) which is linked to square are blurry. I checked items in my square dashboard and all the product images are blurry as if they have been compressed or a lower resolution. My etsy shop is fine and all the images are lovely and crisp. What is the issue?

Message 1 of 87
3 Best Answers
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

@Akrasiboutique Thank you so much for sending those pictures in! I see what you mean, they look very pixelated. Are you uploading the images again from our Square Dashboard, or just syncing the images? You may need to use a larger image size and upload them into the Square Dashboard to see if that works.

For best results, your images should meet the following specifications:

• Photo dimensions should be square (same width and height) and 720 × 720 pixels.
  • Either PNG or JPEG files.

Please let me know if this works. If not, let me know what size of images you are using and the exact steps you used to get these images synced over. Thank you!

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 12 of 87
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

It sounds like Etsy is pushing over Thumbnail versions of your images for some reason instead of the actual image sizes. Have you tried contacting them to see if they have a solution on their end that is faster than the one we provided?

I hear you that re-adding the image to all of your items can be tedious and time consuming, but that would be a sure way to resolve the issue. We don't have a way to bulk upload these images via CSV at this time, but it is a popular feature request that we are tracking. 

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 14 of 87

Best Answer

I don't think anything we do will help the blurry images. unfortunately, from everything i have read on this issue, Etsy uses "thumbnail" pics and until THAT is changed, all the pics on square will be blurry

View Best Answer >

Message 44 of 87
86 REPLIES 86
Beta Member

@Square Can you look into where the feed imports the image from and how it is compressed.

@JSquare @Square1 @Support22 

Repair and Service Business
Message 85 of 87

I'm having the same issue with blurry images - I was told to disconnect and check the location in square. I disconnected the shop, edited the location, and resynced listings and that didn't change anything. I think I'll need to move away from Square/Weebly as its essentially useless as a website as long as this is happening. No one will purchase something that has a blurry image as that looks sketchy.

Message 86 of 87

Hi there,

As long as the images related to products are linked to a compressed file or thumbnail from etsy, this will continue to be a problem. Since it is the opposite direction of keeping shoppers on their platform I can see why they might not be in a rush to fix it.

Message 87 of 87