x

Customization in Terminal Mode

Not sure about anyone else but a massive change for me would be the ability to use a custom Logo and or custom slideshows of images when my Square Terminal is in Terminal Mode, instead of the black screen with Square Logo, be able to have a custom Logo or slideshow.

Also not major but good improvement could you please implement a PIN code to access the Settings menu while in Terminal Mode.

I have built my own software that utilizes an iPad and custom app, this app uses the Terminal API to speak to my Terminal that I have on a dock to display an amount, similar to how it would work in some shops, I never have to touch my Terminal before passing it to a customer, I would just be a lot more official to be displaying a custom Logo there instead of the Square Logo.

Ashley Bailey
Message 1 of 3
Report Inappropriate Content
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi @realashleybaile, thank you very much for raising this. I can see how beneficial it would be for sellers to customise the screen on the connected Terminal and restrict access to the Terminal settings. We are constantly improving our products based on feedback like this, so I will share your feedback with the Product team.

Emma
Community Manager, Square

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi @realashleybaile, thank you very much for raising this. I can see how beneficial it would be for sellers to customise the screen on the connected Terminal and restrict access to the Terminal settings. We are constantly improving our products based on feedback like this, so I will share your feedback with the Product team.

Emma
Community Manager, Square
Message 2 of 3

Hi Emma_

Thank you so much for sharing it with them, I appreciate it,

I love to see how the platform is progressing already it's great.

Cheers, Ashley.

Ashley Bailey
Message 3 of 3