x

Is there a way to remove or make inactive the generic custom amount page?

We use the square register in a gallery and sometimes the artists will hit the custom page and enter price but then there is no assigned artist for the sale.  Is there a way to delete or freeze that option so everyone has to enter the artist first.

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Square

@Janlk - Apologies for the delay in following up, and welcome to the Seller Community. We can't wait to hear you share your expertise with everyone else. 🙂

As for your question, this sounds like it could definitely be a useful feature! While it isn't currently a functionality we offer, I'm happy to pass along the suggestion to our product liaison team. We're continually making improvements based on seller feedback. For more details on that process, Id' encourage you to check out this thread.

PS) If my answer solved your problem, would you mind marking it as "Best Answer"? That'll help the rest of the community find what they're looking for. If not, just write back, and I'll continue to help. Thanks!

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 2 of 17

Thanks Sean for your reply.  I went a bit hands on for the solution....I used the soft side of self-adhesive velcro and stuck it over that option.  The iPad has a screen protector on it.  Problem solved.  🙂  Thats what happens when you get artists involved.  Thanks!

Message 3 of 17
Square

@Janlk - Glad to hear you came up with a solution!  Love your creativity! 🎨 🖌 👏 

Sean
he/him/his
Message 4 of 17

To make my bookkeeping life easier, I want to make the custom amount part of the register not available. Is there a way to turn this feature off? 

Message 5 of 17
Square

@Popcorner - I've definitely seen this request from sellers in the past. While we don't currently offer the ability to customize this aspect of the Square app, I'll definitely be sure to pass along the feedback to our product liaison team. I'll also be sure to update this thread if anything changes in the future. 

Sean
he/him/his
Message 6 of 17

This is a huge flaw in your system. Can you please provide an ETA on when there will be an option to disable? 

Message 7 of 17

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: is there a way to restrict Custom Amount option?

I would like to track all sales. Our organization is non-profit, so some of the volunteers use custom amount for sales instead of selecting the correct item sale. This make my job as Treasurer a night mare because I do not know what is being sold. I would like to take the custom amount option away.

Message 8 of 17
Admin

@jrwtreasurer There isn't a way to restrict or disable the custom amount option but it's a request we are tracking. I've added your post to this thread where another seller provided a creative workaround.

If we have any updates from the product team on this request we'll update this thread to let you know.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 9 of 17

Sorry - if this is just a newbie question. I'm setting up the square app for a few devices employees will be using. I can't seem to find any information about how to remove the custom amount keypad from the employee view. We have a concise list of items that employees will use to charge customers and they should not be able to enter custom amounts.

Message 10 of 17
Square Community Moderator

Hi @cek8907

This is a popular request, so you're not alone with your business need for this. 

I've moved your post over to this existing thread that our Product team is keeping an eye on. 

This isn't something that's available at the moment, but it would definitely come in handy for businesses like yours that need to select specific items for each sale. 

Hopefully we get some movement on this and can roll out a product update in the near future. 

Message 11 of 17

@EJ_

Is this something they actually plan to do soon?

Message 12 of 17

Hello @cek8907!

Currently we are still in the stage of collecting feedback for this feature request. If there's any moment on this possible feature a member of the Community Team will post an update here. 

Message 13 of 17

Since the ability to remove the custom amount section is such a popular request, why has nothing been done in the 3 years that I have been able to see this in the threads? 

We too would like to be able to remove this option, as our volunteers (with out NonProfit) have used this and makes for a nightmare for both the accounting and any inventory management 

Message 14 of 17
Admin

@AAH

This request is great feedback, and something have had requested previously as you've seen. We do advocate for all sellers in the Seller Community. Our Product Teams juggle a lot of feature requests and they try their best to prioritize which ones to launch as quickly as possible. We will continue to pass along this feedback and track this request, for sure.

kellyj
Technical Program Manager: AI
Square Inc
Message 15 of 17

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: How to add a Description or Comment to Custom Amounts

I understand that removing Custom Amount is not currently an option, is this still correct?  If it has to be on there i want to make it a requirement that a note is added so I can see on the back end what these are being used for to follow up with training as necessary.  Is it possible to add a note to a Custom Amount? Thanks!

Message 16 of 17
Admin

@darrta25 Yes you or your employees can add a note when charging a Custom Amount with Square. However it's not possible to make this a requirement or prevent a payment from being completed without a note.

I've merged your post in to this thread so you'll be automatically notified of any updates on thie request! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 17 of 17