x
TCGHS

Can you customize the payment type options in Square Register or Point of Sale?

Is there a way to have a separate Check Payment Type selection rather than having it part of "Other".  We get a lot of check payment and it's a pain to have to click on Other and the select Check - also makes reports not as useful if you have more than one kind of "Other" payments in a session.

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 45
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: Separate Check Payment Type

@TCGHS - While I've definitely heard sellers request the ability to customize their tender types, it isn't a feature that we currently offer. For you, it sounds like it would save you a click. For other sellers who don't take checks or cash, it would remove these options from accidentally being clicked. I'll be sure to pass your suggestion along to our product liaison team. For more details on the feature request process, I'd suggest checking out this existing thread: Feature Requests & the Seller Community. It's a great overview. I'll also be sure to update this thread if this functionality changes in the future.

PS) If my answer solved your problem, would you mind marking it as "Best Answer"? That'll help the rest of the community find what they're looking for. If not, just write back, and I'll continue to help. Thanks!

44 REPLIES 44
Sean Square

@TCGHS - While I've definitely heard sellers request the ability to customize their tender types, it isn't a feature that we currently offer. For you, it sounds like it would save you a click. For other sellers who don't take checks or cash, it would remove these options from accidentally being clicked. I'll be sure to pass your suggestion along to our product liaison team. For more details on the feature request process, I'd suggest checking out this existing thread: Feature Requests & the Seller Community. It's a great overview. I'll also be sure to update this thread if this functionality changes in the future.

PS) If my answer solved your problem, would you mind marking it as "Best Answer"? That'll help the rest of the community find what they're looking for. If not, just write back, and I'll continue to help. Thanks!

Message 2 of 45
YLStore

Is there anyway to add another tender type? We have an internal payment system and I'd like to add that under other or in another location. 

Message 3 of 45
Sean Square

Hi @YLStore. While we don't currently offer this functinality, you can tell this is a popular request. We'll update this thread in the future if anything changes!  

Message 4 of 45
YLStore

Thank you! Please let me know when this is updated as we'd like to add a tender option! 

Message 5 of 45
an1

PLEASE allow tender customization!

While reconciling my sales and deposits I spotted an "other" payment type, which we do not use. Because I cannot delete this option, it would be very easy for employees to close a cash sale to "other" and take the cash. Please fix this! I have no way of knowing what this "other" is quickly. Because I onle reconcile monthly, I will now have to check EVERY DAY to see if the "other" category was used, so I can isolate who might have used it. 

Also, it is a real drag that I cannot drill down on the payments report to find out when this check was closed this way. 

Message 6 of 45
Sean Square

Re: PLEASE allow tender customization!

@an1 - To get going, I went ahead and merged your comment with the thread that we're tracking this request (and it's definitely a popular one). 🙂  I'll be sure to update this thread if we add this functionality in the future!

Message 7 of 45
Munchkins_Btq

Re: PLEASE allow tender customization!

I would love to modify the "other" option as well... I offer in store credit and use the other button to track this payment method, but now it gets confusing for the few checks I get so I've since been entering them as cash since they deposit like cash.  Having a way to alter this would be so useful!

Message 8 of 45
CitySlicker

Re: Can you customize the payment type options in Square Register?

Did anything ever come of this? I would love to be able to modify the "Other" option and potentially place it in a more handy location in the tender area. I have a third-party delivery service that I use and use square to track the sales but don't want to show it as a cash sale since that would screw up my drawer counts. I hate having to go in find Other, and then type out my "keyword" for the delivery service every time I have a delivery sale.

Message 9 of 45
Sean Square

Re: Can you customize the payment type options in Square Register?

@CitySlicker - I don't currently have any update to report on this feature request, but I'll be sure to share everyone's feedback with our product liaison team. Thanks for taking the time to share. 

Message 10 of 45