x

Feature Request - Item Packages / Bundles / Grouping

I'd like to suggest a feature of Grouping items together into "Packages" so that when I'm selling a client a standard set of items all i need to do is select the package that applies and then if necessary go into that package and modify the item based on if the client wants more or less, or a different variation/modifier on that item

Kind Regards,

Nathan

Message 1 of 28
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @millandmake,

Thanks for your messages! I've merged your topic into this thread for tracking purposes - at the moment item bundling is not a feature of our Point of Sale app, however this is a feature request we're tracking in this thread.

I've also found some workarounds posted by @Tom on our US Seller Community forum, I've copied these below:

1. Add each item individually to the sale, then apply an overall discount.
    Pro: Allows you to track the inventory for each item regardless of being part of the special.
    Con: You would have to ring up the 3-for-$20 special as a separate transaction. Otherwise, the discount will apply to the entire sale.

2. Add each item individually to the sale, then apply the discount to each of the three items.
    Pro: Allows you to track inventory for each item regardless of being part of the special and ring up additional items in a single transaction.
    Con: More of a manual process that may increase the length of time to complete a sale.

3. Create a "3-for-$20 Special" item.
    Pro: It's fast and since the price would be locked, you can add it to a sale with other items.
    Con: You wouldn't be able to track each individual item within included with the "3-for-$20 Special" item.

Read more about applying discounts here. Hope this helps, please let me know if you have any questions or feel free to reach out to support on 1800 760 137

Seamus
Community Manager, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 9 of 28
27 REPLIES 27
Admin

Hey @n_hunter,

Thanks for your feedback!

I agree that having item "packages" would be quite a handy feature that would work in a number of different scenarios for different businesses. While I don't have any info as to if this is a planned feature or not, I'm passing your feedback on to our product team for consideration.

All the best!

Seamus
Message 2 of 28

Yes! Thats exactly what I was coming here to ask about....

We now use square for our entire business including at craft shows and our website so inventory levels are extremely important... We sell yarns and craft supplies. We want to be able to put multiple items into a 'group' to sell as a kit... I want to keep our inventory correct and this would help. Sometimes we sell a ball of yarn in a specific colour on its own, so I have it set up as an item. Then sometimes I want to make up a kit so they get 1 or 2 balls of yarn and a pattern book and some knitting needles. Is it possible to add the group with a discount so my individual items inventory stays correct...?

Message 3 of 28
Beta Member

Hi there,

I'm wanting to sell products in bundles, whether it's something I pre-configure or that the buyer can choose.

Some examples:

- I would like to offer a product where the buyer can choose any X products with unique SKUs.

- I would like to offer a 'hybrid' product, where I effectively create a new product from existing products with unique SKUs.

In both of these cases, the inventory would automatically be updated.  Not using POS at the moment due to Covid, but having this ability in POS would be great too.

At present, I'm working around this by manually updating the inventory, which is a bit painful.

Thanks!

Message 4 of 28
Admin

Hey @Josie-DVH,

Thanks for getting in touch and providing us with this feedback!

Item bundles is currently a feature request we're tracking - I've moved your post to this thread so we can track all requests for this feature in the one place.

The ability to group items as bundles isn't currently available, however it has been a popular request and I will update this thread if I hear of any changes or new features for bundling items!

Seamus
Message 5 of 28
Beta Member

Awesome, thanks for the update Seamus!  Fingers crossed it makes it in as a feature soon!

Cheers,

Josie

Message 6 of 28

Hi, I have a yarn shop and we sell single balls of wool and knitting needles in many variations with SKU added to each.

We also sell kits that include all these items too, and would like to create an item with variations using the same SKU for our kits.

Can this be done so that it tracks inventory levels accurately? I’ve attempted it but the duplicate SKU comes up in a red text warning message & stock levels don’t add its when selling fro the duplicate SKU item.

We want to sell our kits in the shop POS and also online.

Thanks Nikki 

Message 7 of 28

Sorry - if this sounds confusing.... I want to make it clear that we want to find a way to sell the same single SKU items also as added components in kits. 

Message 8 of 28
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @millandmake,

Thanks for your messages! I've merged your topic into this thread for tracking purposes - at the moment item bundling is not a feature of our Point of Sale app, however this is a feature request we're tracking in this thread.

I've also found some workarounds posted by @Tom on our US Seller Community forum, I've copied these below:

1. Add each item individually to the sale, then apply an overall discount.
    Pro: Allows you to track the inventory for each item regardless of being part of the special.
    Con: You would have to ring up the 3-for-$20 special as a separate transaction. Otherwise, the discount will apply to the entire sale.

2. Add each item individually to the sale, then apply the discount to each of the three items.
    Pro: Allows you to track inventory for each item regardless of being part of the special and ring up additional items in a single transaction.
    Con: More of a manual process that may increase the length of time to complete a sale.

3. Create a "3-for-$20 Special" item.
    Pro: It's fast and since the price would be locked, you can add it to a sale with other items.
    Con: You wouldn't be able to track each individual item within included with the "3-for-$20 Special" item.

Read more about applying discounts here. Hope this helps, please let me know if you have any questions or feel free to reach out to support on 1800 760 137

Seamus

View Best Answer >

Message 9 of 28

Thanks for your reply. It’s kind of what I figured out. Let’s hope they can get this functionality happening soon 👍🏼

Message 10 of 28

Hi we have created new food and drinks bundle eg Mini Share board with Free Juice, 
Mini sharedboard comes under food category, when i print order it is not giving an option to split order Food for Kitchen and Juice for juicebar printer

Message 11 of 28
Admin

Hey @pecafe,

At the moment item bundles is a feature request we're tracking for Square's Point of Sale app.

If you have made an item that represents a bundle of other items, there's no way to tell the system the item is made of other items. You unfortunately won't be able to do things like separate category printing between printers, or count individual item inventory numbers.

There are a few workarounds we recommend in this thread, I've moved your post here as a way of tracking all requests for this feature in one place.

The one I'd probably recommend the most in your scenario is to add the individual items to a transaction then apply a discount for the bundle - this will hopefully mean that you can charge the right price for the bundle while also being able to direct different categories to print tickets at different printer stations.

Let me know if you have any questions 🙂

Seamus
Message 12 of 28

Dear Square,

please introduce memberships and package options! I run a skincare studio and have been patiently waiting for these features for 2 years and nothing 😞

Its extremely difficult to keep track of packages bought and facial memberships.

Please please please get on this!

Thank you!

Message 13 of 28

Agree, i often sell both online and in person using Square for bundled items and I can’t manage my inventory, so having a bundle that updated the stock would be perfect.

Message 14 of 28

I desperately need this feature and am really surprised it's not part of square.  So many people use this.  In my case, I sell jams and crochet homegoods.  I have five flavours of jam and want to sell them as a gift hamper (one of each flavour).  I have to set the gift hamper as a separate item and then manually adjust my stock of the individual flavours each time I sell a hamper.  Or I have to create a discount but that does not work for online sales as people want to know they're buying the actual gift hamper and not just getting a discount on five jars of jam.   Please add this feature!

Message 15 of 28
Admin

Thanks for adding your voice @LongDogWool!

While I don't have any news to share on if or when item bundling may launch as a feature for Square, I will make sure you tag you in an update if I hear of any changes here. I agree that bundling would be very useful for Square Sellers and I hope it's something we are able to integrate in the future.

In the meantime, have you tried the discounts workaround listed at the top of the thread at all? Would this help at all in the meantime?

Seamus
Message 16 of 28

Thank you!  I have but it won’t work for online where I want to sell a gift hamper of all five jams in a presentation box.  

Message 17 of 28
Admin

Got you @LongDogWool!

I'm not sure if coupons would be of any help here, but may be worth checking out - they perform a similar function for Square Online as discounts do in Square Point of Sale.

Seamus
Message 18 of 28

I have added an item to my website to purchase pre-made meals, I'm wanting to offer a bundle option for customers to select the varieties they want, for example, pick your own 5 meals. Is there a way my customers can select multiple items to bundle together?  I have worked out how to add multiple options to the one item but on the customer-facing side, they can only select ONE option not multiple. Thank you. 

Message 19 of 28
Admin

Hey @AJones13,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community 👋

At the moment item bundles are not directly available - I've moved your post to this feature request where we are tracking feedback for bundles.

Take a look at the top answer in this post for a few different workarounds, hopefully one of these can work in the meantime! I should also clarify whether you're using Square Point of Sale or Square Online here - the above workarounds are for Point of Sale. For Square Online we recommend using Coupons as a workaround.

Seamus
Message 20 of 28

I'm told by the support centre that this isn't available. Wanted to post it here to see if it got enough traction for Square to add a feature to support it.

We make cookies. There are 4 flavours. All the same price. I can put them all in Square as individual items, however we also want to sell them as boxes, where the customer can buy a box of 2 cookies or a box of 4. They choose the flavours. 

I'd also like to track the items. I have used modifiers to do a similar thing before, however I can't track modifier stock levels.

Message 21 of 28