x

Any Ice Cream Shops??

Hello just trying to find out if there are any ice cream shops in this group? I’m Kelli, owner of N7 Kream Lab Ellenwood, GA USA

Message 1 of 33
32 REPLIES 32
Super Seller

One of the best members of this forum is an owner of an Italian ice and ice cream store in New York.  @pessosices is super helpful and knowledgeable in Square and in running a business too.  Ask any questions you have and I know he'd love to help out if he can.

Message 2 of 33
Alumni

@VanKalkerFarms  - I think my eyes lit up when I saw this thread in the same way I bet yours did. I would love for more folks to find their way in here to connect with @pessosices.

Aaron Weiss
Former Community Lead, Square
Get help in our Support Center | Join the Beta Community
Message 3 of 33
Beta Member

We have operated an ice cream dessert shop since 2013. We switched to the Square platform last year when we went take-out only at the start of the pandemic. We are located in British Columbia, Canada. Are you a NICRA member? 

Message 4 of 33

Yes I’m a new member. During the beginning of the pandemic I joined. I’m actually on Atlanta (Ellenwood) Georgia USA. I absolutely love NICRA a lot of great information and resources. I would love more virtual meetings for us to actually see each!!

Message 5 of 33

Nope. Not a member. 

Message 6 of 33
Beta Member

We are coffee, bakery and ice cream; during summertime we are very much Ice Cream!   @Windsorlakecoffee in Windsor, CO. Stop by if you are in the neighborhood!

Message 7 of 33

@ibrogden @Hello. We are introducing our new coffee cafe mid October here in Georgia. We are also an ice cream shop primarily. Nice to meet you!

Message 8 of 33
Super Seller Alumni

Thanks @VanKalkerFarms & @aarontw !

Hey all you awesome Ice Cream people!

It's so great to have you all here and I'm always here to help answer any questions and help with any other issues y'all are having!

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Square Super Seller - I'm here to help!
Message 9 of 33

Yes, we are Coney Island Creamery.  We are a manufacturer of Ube Ice Cream and many tropical flavors (Southeast Asia, Filipino, Tropical Fusion) here in Southern CA.  We don't operate a brick and mortar store, but we are seriously thinking about growing our  retail operations.  We were a member of NICRA pre-pandemic, and found their trade show amazing for networking and education, learning from businesses who have been around longer.  We would love to share ideas and learn best practices (especially frozen shipping) with everyone.  Check us out @coneyislandcreamery   www.coneyislandcreamery.com  We use Square for our online store. 

Message 10 of 33
Alumni

As someone outside the industry, frozen shipping sounds crazy complicated. Is it just a matter of leveraging Freezer trucks?

Aaron Weiss
Former Community Lead, Square
Get help in our Support Center | Join the Beta Community
Message 11 of 33
Super Seller Alumni

Very cool, @ConeyIcreamery ! I love the diverse flavor selection & ideas!

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Message 12 of 33
Beta Member

Love to see all of the ice cream shops in here! I own Ice Dreammm Shop which is just north of Tampa, FL with two locations and a mobile unit. Happy to connect with others here 🙂

Message 13 of 33

Hi, Love connecting with folks here.  Did you start with brick and mortar or mobile?  Do you have time to share some best practices of how you decided on physical location and mobile?  Let us know if there is a good time to connect by phone. 

Message 14 of 33
Beta Member

Hi, I started with a brick and mortar, then the mobile trailer then the 2nd shop. My first location is in the worst possible location and goes against any advice one would recommend but we've been there 4 years so far. I was determined to make it work 🙂 I just followed you on Instagram so feel free to reach out anytime.

Message 15 of 33
Super Seller Alumni

@schemjo Power to you for pushing through in a rough location and making it work!

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Message 16 of 33
Super Seller Alumni

Very cool, @schemjo !

I'll be down there in October/November so I might just have to stop by!

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Message 17 of 33

awsome would love o meet 

303 n grove st eustis fl

Message 18 of 33
Beta Member

Let me know when you're down this way!

Message 19 of 33

Just bought our first ice cream parlor.  Excited but nervous. It’s been there 3 years already and we have had it for 2 months it’s been ok so far not great but no where near bad.  

Message 20 of 33
Beta Member

You're only about 1.5 hours away. One day when I get some time I'll take a drive up 🙂

Message 21 of 33