x

Eco Friendly Packaging that's affordable and available?

[The title of this post was updated by a moderator.]

What are you all doing to get consistent and reasonably priced eco-friendly packaging for your to go items??

I'm getting killed on pricing and availability.  Part of what I "sell" is being a environmentally friendly operation.  It's putting me in the red right now 😞

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Beta Member

What items do you sell?

Message 2 of 13

We are basically doing a food truck out of a brick and mortar.  Burgers, tacos, nachos and other similar food.

We were using wax coated paper take out boxes and soup cups until the price doubled. 

Food costs are higher than ever too...It's tough out there!!

Message 3 of 13
Super Seller

Right. Similar question as the person below, what are you trying to package? I make bottled drinks and food sauces. Right now I use glass bottles, which are easily recycled, and unbleached paper labels. If you're packaging food to go, I've had good luck getting decent pricing at Good Start Packaging. We use some of their items like cups and food wrappers for farmers markets and trade show events. If we knew what type of packaging you were looking for more specifically we might be able to point you in the right direction. Cheers. 

Message 4 of 13

Thanks for responding!!

We basically do wax coated paper #3 Takeout boxes, 3oz sauce cups and 12oz soup cups.  That's it!!

Message 5 of 13

Elevate Packaging for shelf-stable products like coffee, tea, nuts, seeds, etc in bio-based compostable material made in the US. They can do custom or off-the-shelf. You can check them out here at: https://elevatepackaging.com/

Message 6 of 13

Thank You:)

Message 7 of 13

I'm having a hard time too- coffeeshop with some light prepared food items. Cups are the big problem! Nobody has consistent supply- it's a crapshoot trying to find anything, let alone the style I have used for years. It's wild!

Message 8 of 13

We learn to adjust and get creative!  I guess it's just part of the biz!  Thank You for responding.

Message 9 of 13

Flexibility is "key" to this particular case. It's all tumbledown from the supply chain issues- post lockdown in most states. But also workers not returning to those packaging companies where they once worked, The demand is greater than the supply. I go through this problem everyday. I have accounts with 5 different suppliers, and am open to a variety of different styles as far as packaging. 95% of my business is quick serve, currently. And 5% is corporate catering (pre- COVID was 60/40). 

You may need to up your prices, and focus on higher profit items if you can't get your packaging costs down. The customers might not like it, but it's the "cost of doing business". Have you done a food cost analysis of all your items? I found I had to remove the higher cost items (don't forget the packaging costs as well) in order to up my profit margins. Hope this helps. Remember.... FLEXIBILITY is key!!

Message 10 of 13

You are correct!! 

We are following the quick serve method as well.  It's short and sweet. 

I've been shopping with everyone I can.  I'm always so terrified to keep raising prices over and over.  I'm not sure how long my customers will "hold on."  With min wage going up too it's going to get even harder.  Folks aren't going to pay $20/25 for a burger and fries.  That's our biggest seller that we've won awards for. 

Message 11 of 13

Are you looking for cost-effective and eco-friendly packaging for your products. I recommended CBD Packaging Store for your packaging solutions. I have experienced this packaging firm for my custom cannabis packaging  & I'm fully satisfied.

Message 12 of 13

If you're seeking eco-friendly packaging at reasonable prices. Opting for eco-friendly custom boxes is the way to go. You have the freedom to design the packaging according to your preferences. I recommend IBEX Packaging, a company that caters to your packaging requirements while maintaining responsible pricing.

Message 13 of 13