x

How do you merge square with QB

We have Square for our restaurant and bar and are looking for a way to download the daily sales to QB so that all the Sales Tax, Payment Types are put into QB and then the deposits applied to the daily sales.  Has anyone created an automatic download for the daily sales receipt.  

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square Community Moderator

Hello @kjoarrowhead 👋 and welcome to the Seller Community! 

My best advice here would be to get in touch with Quickbooks in regards to what their integration with Square may offer your business. From our end the only controls we have is guiding you on how to connect or disconnect the integration.

I hope this information is helpful!

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 4
Beta Member

Yes, we use the square to quickbooks app and it downloads daily my net sales breaking out sales tax, tips, and square fess to the proper liability account.

The only problem is that all the square transactions come in without customer detail, each invoice is imported and we match the deposits daily.  It was a little cumbersome to get setup but works well for our business.

The app used to be called sync with square but I believe it is now called connect with square, not sure the differences between the two but it still works for us.  Just look at the limitations first to ensure it will work for your business before spending the time to set up.

This app has definitely made my life easier.   

Message 3 of 4
Super Seller

Hi @kjoarrowhead!

For what it's worth, we used to use the integration but it was double counting our sales. So it's definitely worth chatting with your accountant (if you have one) or do what @Grassroots1 suggested and do a little bit of research before setting everything up.

My accountant is happy for us to just run a report at the end of the year and do a journal entry to account for sales, taxes, tips, and anything else.

I hope that helps!

Lenore
LenJo Bakes in Kitchener, ON
Let's connect on Instagram!
Message 4 of 4