x
Beta Member

Programming and traceability questions

Hi, 

My name is Chanda,I own a small cafe that seats around 100 people at a time. I bought the square system (5) iPads, 3 star printers, and a kitchen impact printer the square p.o.s. Back then they were just starting square for restaurants 3 years ago I switched to a very recognizable p.o.s. System, I won’t state a name but it’s motto was made by restaurants for restaurants, this was I think called a loop system it ran off it’s own mac mini, Wi-Fi address, internet and computer I hired an I.T.guy to wire everything but the iPads all together we were guaranteed to never drop tickets and we never did, (that system had many issues that made it impossible to trace my money)hard wired and ran the same wires as I had no need to replace any printers or iPads to return to square so I’m having voids print 0.00 I’m hoping that there is traceability in someway and I will be able to fix the issues, Thank you for your time and any ideas you can leave me!!( All 3 receipt printers print a receipt when a paper one is required 

Message 1 of 6
2 Best Answers
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Firstly, welcome to the Seller Community @Chanswager + sorry to hear that you're here because you've run into trouble. We recommend checking to make sure that both your app and your mobile device itself are up-to-date.

If everything looks good there, could you please provide a bit more context to the question you're asking? I'll be able to better point you in the right direction here.

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 6
Beta Member

Best Answer

Thank you for your help! I will definitely post if I find a way!

View Best Answer >

Message 5 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Firstly, welcome to the Seller Community @Chanswager + sorry to hear that you're here because you've run into trouble. We recommend checking to make sure that both your app and your mobile device itself are up-to-date.

If everything looks good there, could you please provide a bit more context to the question you're asking? I'll be able to better point you in the right direction here.

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 6
Beta Member

Thank you, it is very nice to be here, I have 3 thermal star printers set at different areas of my restaurant they are all set the same, they are also the same  model, with our previous system we could choose a printer by name all 3 would show but we could pick which one depending on where the customer was seated, this made getting our bills to the Customers at the correct time much easier for my staff, I also have an impact printer in the kitchen which is set differently to print kitchen tickets gift cards and voids, on my bill/ receipt printers I need them to print all of the selected items the same, I could shut two down and only run one, I read somewhere that star has made an app that allows you to change the addresses on the printers, I’m hoping to find more about a way that we could use them, I will keep you informed thank you for your help!

Message 3 of 6
Super Seller Alumni

Hey @Chanswager 

Welcome back to Square!

If you go into your settings on your POS device, then go into hardware, printers, you can edit each printer station to select and deselect things to print. 

For your last issue of all 3 printers printing a receipt — if you go into your Printer Station Settings, you can disable automatic receipt printing (or all receipt printing) for 2 of your printers and that should solve that bit. 

Voids might either count as receipts or tickets. Definitely play around and see what works and let us know! 

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Square Super Seller - I'm here to help!
Message 4 of 6
Beta Member

Best Answer

Thank you for your help! I will definitely post if I find a way!

Message 5 of 6
Beta Member

Thank you for your help, it is very appreciated! I will let you know what We found out

Message 6 of 6