x

"Allow scheduled deliveries" is no longer an option, when using the On-Demand Delivery feature

The title of this post has been edited from the original:  Not seeing "Allow scheduled deliveries" anymore in settings online

There use to be a switch below "Allow scheduled deliveries"There use to be a switch below "Allow scheduled deliveries"There is an issue where some people are seeing this option and others are not. When I received the email from Square on August 13th titled, "New product name, manage multiple sites, and more" they offer "Offer pickup and delivery scheduling" as an option. "Let customers schedule their pickup or delivery order right from the checkout screen. Keep an eye out for more enhancements to make ordering easier coming soon".

That day, I went into the setting and turned this setting on for "Allow scheduled deliveries", so the customer can make an order but have it delivered to them later that day or days later. Today a customer called and wanted to that and I checked the settings, which it looked like disappeared completely. There was no option to have the order delivered later in the day that they wanted. 

Message 1 of 63
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: Not seeing "Allow scheduled deliveries" anymore in settings

Hi all! We are currently testing On-Demand Delivery Scheduling.

If you'd like to be involved in this test, please take a second to join our Beta Community.

Once in the community we'll be able to opt-you in to this test for On-Demand Delivery Scheduling.

1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

If you'd like to be involved in this test, please take a second to join our Beta Community.

Once in the community we'll be able to opt-you in to this test for On-Demand Delivery Scheduling.

kellyj
Technical Program Manager: AI
Square Inc

View Best Answer >

Message 45 of 63
62 REPLIES 62

Valentina and Square People, we need the ability for our customer to SCHEDULE their delivery. Currently all orders are scheduled for IMMEDIATE delivery (I am using postmates). This does not answer our needs. In covid times we MUST offer this convenience to our customers. Help please.

Message 43 of 63
Beta Member

I'd like to add my voice to the many people who have complained about the lack of ability for customers to ONLY schedule deliveries. At the moment customers are given a default date and time based on how long I've said it takes to prepare an order. They can't change this date until they get into the checkout section. Please notify me as soon as this feature becomes available.

Message 44 of 63
Admin

Best Answer

kellyj
Square Inc
Message 45 of 63
Beta Member

We just added this feature out our website. I'd like to add on a request for customers to pick a delivery date/time in the future. I'm not sure how the coding would work for that so a driver gets the notification and the restaurant gets the print out to accurately support this but it would be great.

Also, I just tried to test out requesting a delivery and choosing delivery over pick-up was not super intuitive. It seems that the system defaults to Pick-up and it isn't 100% clear that this is where you would select delivery. Is it possible to make the toggle to delivery more visible in this window instead of just the word "change"? I'm trying to think of how to explain this easily to customers over an email or facebook post. Most of the other online ordering system make the pick-up/delivery toggle very clear from the beginning.

Screen Shot 2020-10-08 at 2.24.42 PM.png

Message 46 of 63
Beta Member

I should also add that an option to switch from pick-p to delivery once you are in the checkout mode would be nice, a feature some of the other online ordering systems offer.

Message 47 of 63

Great idea. Square stock has risen like crazy this past year, but their system is still lacking in so many features and so many inconsistencies with their products. The new Square KDS not being compatible with the latest Square POS is just uncomprehending

Message 48 of 63
Beta Member

I am highly confused as I don't even see the option to change the pick up time during checkout for my customers. Why is the experience different for different online stores? I think this is a huge flaw in the system and the fact that Square has not made this a feature for all stores is ridiculous. The other online ordering systems allow this and Square needs to improve their game.

Message 49 of 63
Super Seller

image.jpg

Scheduled Deliveries is a request we receive often, since offering on-demand delivery with DoorDash, will this option be available soon? 

As it stands, customers enter an order (usually for an entire office) only to find that they are unable to schedule a delivery date in the future, typically a day or so in advance, they then call in the order and bypass Square altogether creating more work for us and lost revenue for Square. 

We hope to see this feature become a priority...

Max

MAX’S DELI

Max Berkowitz | MAX’S DELI
Square Online Store
Message 50 of 63
Square Community Moderator

Thank you @MAXSDELI for your feedback. I'm sure our product team will consider this feature. 

If we have more details to provide we will reach out. Have a great day!

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 51 of 63
Beta Member

is there any update to this feature request? tock and other POS systems offer this option, utilizing 3rd party (eg doordash) delivery platforms - it's really becoming an issue for us to not have this option as customers consistently request this ability.

Message 52 of 63

Hello super nice NYC can you please tell me which POS companies are offering the scheduled deliveries. I am ready to switch away from square for this reason. It baffles me that square did not address this under pandemic times where online was so critical to our business.

Message 53 of 63
Beta Member

for sure tock (exploretock.com) does - i've used this as a customer at another shop, worked great from the customer side of things. i think also breadcrumb or toast?

Message 54 of 63
Square

@MarvelousByFred @supernicenyc this feature is being beta tested now in the Beta Community.

Message 55 of 63
Beta Member

we're having this same issue - we can't allow customers to schedule deliveries despite the delivery services allowing scheduled deliveries on their own platforms.

Message 56 of 63
Super Seller

We currently have this option toggled on and so far (over the past 2 weeks) it’s worked as it should. 

We do have one suggestion regarding this feature at the pos level, add a failsafe feature to keep us from accidentally tapping on a scheduled delivery, meant for five days later, from the UPCOMING screen to the ACTIVE screen or worse, COMPLETED. 

This has happened and it’s no bueno. 

@sayra 

Square Online Store
Message 57 of 63
Beta Member

where do you have the option to turn this feature on for deliveries??

Message 58 of 63
Admin

@supernicenyc We're currently testing this in Beta. Would you like me to add you to the test?

Sellercommunity.com/beta

kellyj
Square Inc
Message 59 of 63
Super Seller

Kelly, Oops. @kellyj @Is there a thread regarding the Scheduled Delivery? I do have some feedback regarding how it’s handled at the POS level…

Square Online Store
Message 60 of 63
Admin

@MAXSDELI 

Here ya go! Have at it, we need the feedback.

kellyj
Square Inc
Message 61 of 63

Kellyj, could you add me too please?

Message 62 of 63
Beta Member

Please and thank you

Message 63 of 63