x

"Allow scheduled deliveries" is no longer an option, when using the On-Demand Delivery feature

The title of this post has been edited from the original:  Not seeing "Allow scheduled deliveries" anymore in settings online

There use to be a switch below "Allow scheduled deliveries"There use to be a switch below "Allow scheduled deliveries"There is an issue where some people are seeing this option and others are not. When I received the email from Square on August 13th titled, "New product name, manage multiple sites, and more" they offer "Offer pickup and delivery scheduling" as an option. "Let customers schedule their pickup or delivery order right from the checkout screen. Keep an eye out for more enhancements to make ordering easier coming soon".

That day, I went into the setting and turned this setting on for "Allow scheduled deliveries", so the customer can make an order but have it delivered to them later that day or days later. Today a customer called and wanted to that and I checked the settings, which it looked like disappeared completely. There was no option to have the order delivered later in the day that they wanted. 

Message 1 of 63
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: Not seeing "Allow scheduled deliveries" anymore in settings

Hi all! We are currently testing On-Demand Delivery Scheduling.

If you'd like to be involved in this test, please take a second to join our Beta Community.

Once in the community we'll be able to opt-you in to this test for On-Demand Delivery Scheduling.

1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hi all! We are currently testing On-Demand Delivery Scheduling.

If you'd like to be involved in this test, please take a second to join our Beta Community.

Once in the community we'll be able to opt-you in to this test for On-Demand Delivery Scheduling.

kellyj
Technical Program Manager: AI
Square Inc

View Best Answer >

Message 45 of 63
62 REPLIES 62
Alumni

We'll be sure to update this thread if On-Demand Delivery allows orders to be placed for delivery in the future, @pomellaoakland. This is currently considered a feature request, but stay subscribed to receive a notification when a new post is added here.

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 22 of 63

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: Scheduled delivery?

Hi - currently, customers can change the time for pickup and choose a future time. But they can't do it for delivery. Is this a setting I can change? I can't seem to find it. We use Postmates as the courier for deliveries.

Message 23 of 63
Admin

Hey @rumi,

You're currently able to change the delivery date from the checkout flow:

However we understand it would be very handy for customers to select the delivery time earlier in the shopping flow! We recently added this for pickup, which it looks like you've seen in its newer and more prominent place. We plan to make similar changes to the delivery flow too - keep an eye on or subscribe to our Product Updates, this is where we'll post changes to the Square Online flow once they've been released.

All the best!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 24 of 63

Thank you, this is very helpful!

Message 25 of 63

Hi,

I actually just tried it and it won't let me do a scheduled delivery. There is no "Schedule for later option" as is shown in your screenshot.

Message 26 of 63
Admin

Hey @rumi,

To clarify, are you looking on the checkout page, in the "Delivery" Section after the customer has entered details to order?

It should be changeable here for now, with further changes hopefully coming soon!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 27 of 63

I tried to schedule delivery from there but no option exists. (We open at 5pm tomorrow so it automatically chose 5:26)

Screen Shot 2020-12-14 at 9.59.13 PM.png

Message 28 of 63
Admin

Hey @rumi,

In that case, you'll want to check that delivery scheduling is turned on.

Go to Settings > Pickup & Delivery > Order Timing Settings. Ensure "Allowed scheduled delivery" is turned on under here then press "Save" in the top right!

Screenshot 2020-12-15 at 4.22.53 PM.png

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 29 of 63

This is what's showing up there. Delivery is not an option. Is this because we deliver with Postmates?

Screen Shot 2020-12-14 at 11.34.32 PM.png

Message 30 of 63
Admin

@rumi,

It may very well be Postmates related - if their app is playing a role in co-ordinating delivery it's possible this option isn't available to make that integration work / not conflict with Square settings.

From here I recommend filing a support ticket with out team via http://squ.re/contact - it would be worth filing one with Postmates too.

Sorry I couldn't get you a solution via our forum!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 31 of 63

Thank you, I submitted a ticket. I confirmed that it's because of Postmates (and DoorDash) by going back to using my own couriers, and the option for scheduled deliveries showed up. Really hope this gets fixed soon.

Message 32 of 63

@Seamus @rumi 

Hello, I am having this issue also, and I do not deliver with postmates. In my settings I have scheduled deliveries turned on, however, it does not give the option when checking out to change the delivery date/time. It just gives the next available delivery date/time based off of how long you set it takes the item to be prepared.

In checkout there is a button next to the populated delivery date and time that says "change" however, when that is clicked it only allows you to change the delivery address and not the delivery date/time.screenshot 1.PNGscreenshot 2.PNG

screenshot 3.PNG

Message 33 of 63

I am having this same issue as I do not use Postmates or Door Dash. I am just commenting so that when someone answer's, hopefully it will be helpful to both of us.

Message 34 of 63

I think I figured it out. It doesn’t let you change the date in the cart, it only lets you do it in checkout. So when a customer adds something to the cart, the delivery date they see if the first available date available per the time frame you selected for how long it takes to prepare. EX) if a customer tried to order a cocoa bomb from me today, they would see the delivery date of 12/18 pop up because I have set the prepare time for those as two business days when I created the item.

When the customer hits the checkout button to fill in their payment info, then there is an option that pops up for delivery asap (default) or to schedule for another date/time.

This keeps confusing my customers and I really hope square changes this so you can chose the date in the cart opposed to in checkout.

Message 35 of 63

Hi Seamus

Maybe you can help me out as well. I'm running into the same issue. I have the scheduled deliveries button on but when I test it on my website, it is not letting me change the date of the delivery. It generates it's own date but will not let me change it.

Message 36 of 63

Any idea when this update in the checkout flow will occur? I have gotten so many inquiries about this issue and people do not order because they think that is the only time we can deliver. We are a bakery with scheduled delivery only due to COVID and when they checkout they stop and never make it to the info screen because they cant change the date prior to this screen. I literally had to create this PDF and a new section on my website called "ordering help"... very sad about this....how to schedule future delivery.jpg

Message 37 of 63

Hi guys,

I finish setting up Pickup&Delivery for my online store in Square, 

I am sure I already turned on 'Allow customers to schedule orders up to 90 days in the future' for both Pick up and delivery options.

But when I try to place order as a customer online, I found that I only can choose pick up date but I can't choose further delivery date for delivery. 

Does this happen to anyone else? Waiting for you answers!

Thank you!

Message 38 of 63

Twistedcakes stated that it doesn’t give a choice for a change in delivery until you actually go further in the checkout process to get to the option to change your delivery date and time. What I did was actually go to my site as a customer and play with it. I saw that it was further along in the checkout process that I was able to change date and time. 

Message 39 of 63
Beta Member

It used to work.... totally messed up now. We use postmates for delivery fulfillment and it used to allow scheduling but now the option is gone for deliveries. This really stinks and should not be acceptable. 

I just disabled postmates to do deliveries ourselves and it then gives us the option... just a pain in the butt that it doesn't save our fee structure when switching between delivery options and I have to recreate the various distance delivery fees.

Message 40 of 63
Alumni

I've moved your post over to this thread where others also switched to On Demand Delivery and would like to see scheduling as an option for their customers, @BeanBuendia. We'll be sure to post an update here if something changes, so stay subscribed to receive a notification!

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Message 41 of 63

Totally agree. Big problem for take-out places like ours.

Message 42 of 63