x
Admin

Beta: Now testing new UI for Square Point of Sale!

Square Point of Sale is getting a facelift. 

We’ve redesigned the user interface, and need your feedback before we launch.

We're improving the checkout flow and app navigation in this update, so you’ll be able to access the tools and reports you need quickly. We're looking for sellers to use the new beta app to take payments and provide feedback on the changes we're making.

To get started with this Beta, please join us in the Beta Community and see the steps to join below.

Screen Shot 2020-09-14 at 2.43.22 PM.png

This beta is currently live for iOS and we plan on launching for Android in the coming weeks. 

To join this beta:

1. Reply to this thread and let us know if you are using an Android or iOS device - extra points if you tell us if you're using Square Resister or Terminal. (disclaimer, Im not keeping track of points. 😅)
  2. Join our Beta Community so we can track your feedback provide updates as we go to beta. We've already had a roundtable feedback discussion and are planning on having more focus groups to come. If you want to be hands on with our product teams, Beta is where it's at.

Our latest update supports:

Open Tickets

Cash Drawer Management

Drag and Drop 

And updates to the Settings User Interface. We could really use some input here!

Thanks and we can't wait to hear what you think! 

**Android users will be launched separately in the coming weeks. Be sure to express interest now so you can be included in the first testing group.

kellyj
Technical Program Manager: AI
Square Inc
Message 1 of 89
88 REPLIES 88
Beta Member

IOS Square POS

Message 64 of 89

iOS 14

Message 65 of 89
Beta Member

We have a Register (since 6/2019) and an iPad (since 5/2020). We use the Register for walk-in and phone orders and the iPad primarily to manage online Orders and walk-in or phone CC orders.

Our iPad just updated to the new POS UI this week. How do we get our colors back on the Checkout screen? Out of a screen full of icons only 2 items retained their color. If you go into the item you clearly see that the icon is colored but back on the checkout screen it is not.

Also, is there a way to modify the bottom row of quick options (i.e. Checkout, Transactions, Reports...) to change their order or move something from the "More" selection so it is always visible? The reason is that we use the iPad primarily for our online orders and typically keep that screen active. We do, on occasion, use this POS to take orders or do other activities and it would be nice to be able to quickly go back to the Order screen without having to go through "More" first.

We are also having increased issues with the iPad going to sleep and then having to wait for it to wake up and bring back up the POS which then requires us to login again. If there is a notice about a new order when this happens the POS seems to hang and they have to go to another screen before going back to the Order screen to see the new order.

If there is a more appropriate place to provide this feedback please let me know.

Regards,

vhovar

Message 66 of 89
Square Community Moderator

Hi @vhovar , 

Thank you for helping test out this feature and for providing us with feedback! I tested out the issue regarding the missing colors and I was able to replicate this. I have filed a report with our engineers to investigate this issue. 

I will also gladly pass along the feedback to modify the bottom rows! As for the issue with the iPad going to sleep more, while I was not able to replicate this, I have made a note of it and it's something I'll keep an eye on. 

I'll reach back out once I hear any news about the colors not showing up. 

Message 67 of 89
Beta Member

IOS square pos with stand

Message 68 of 89

Using an ipad with ios. Would be willing to test. contact Debby Decker debbydecker@gmail.com to beta test.

Message 69 of 89
Beta Member

I am currently using the register. 

Message 70 of 89
Beta Member

I would like to join the beta program. I am running IOS

Message 71 of 89
Beta Member

I am using Square Stand.  Very interested in trying the Beta version.

Message 72 of 89
Beta Member

I use the Point of Sale app and would like to test this in my candy store.

Message 73 of 89
Beta Member

I would like to join the beta test.  I am currently using square terminal and would be glad to help out.  Reach out to me please at ryanredman@hotmail.com

Message 74 of 89

Hi, I have an Android, and would like to be included in the Beta testing group when it launches. Thank you!

Message 75 of 89
Beta Member

Using an iOS device, mini ipad 😄

Message 76 of 89
Beta Member

Using iOS, just the POS app at the moment, not Retail

Message 77 of 89
Beta Member

I'm interested: Android/Square Point of Sale

Message 78 of 89
Beta Member

Interested.  Using iOS 

We desperately need to be able to have multiple order pickup locations without having multiple business locations    We are a farm that sells online for pickup/delivery at different surrounding locations and also sell at farmers markets.  The current system has proved difficult and confusing to customers causing us to lose orders.    I love using Square for my POS at market and keeping inventory.  The other options geared towards farms for online orders don't offer a POS.  Please come up with a way to do this that isn't so confusing for our customers.  

Bonita Riley
Message 79 of 89
Beta Member

Please add an option to change online order times on demand.  When we are busy we want to be able to increase an order's prep time via the POS and not square office.  Also, a louder ring or ding for incoming online orders.  We are using a square register.  Thank you!

Message 80 of 89
Beta Member

iOS device 

Message 81 of 89

I'm using a Samsung android tablet and would love to be a beta tester. I'm also using Square register 

Message 82 of 89
Beta Member

Hi there, I am using iOS, cant wait to check it out!

Message 83 of 89
Beta Member

We would like to get into this beta. We have the Square Register and also use iOS.

Message 84 of 89