x
Admin

Beta: Now testing new UI for Square Point of Sale!

Square Point of Sale is getting a facelift. 

We’ve redesigned the user interface, and need your feedback before we launch.

We're improving the checkout flow and app navigation in this update, so you’ll be able to access the tools and reports you need quickly. We're looking for sellers to use the new beta app to take payments and provide feedback on the changes we're making.

To get started with this Beta, please join us in the Beta Community and see the steps to join below.

Screen Shot 2020-09-14 at 2.43.22 PM.png

This beta is currently live for iOS and we plan on launching for Android in the coming weeks. 

To join this beta:

1. Reply to this thread and let us know if you are using an Android or iOS device - extra points if you tell us if you're using Square Resister or Terminal. (disclaimer, Im not keeping track of points. 😅)
  2. Join our Beta Community so we can track your feedback provide updates as we go to beta. We've already had a roundtable feedback discussion and are planning on having more focus groups to come. If you want to be hands on with our product teams, Beta is where it's at.

Our latest update supports:

Open Tickets

Cash Drawer Management

Drag and Drop 

And updates to the Settings User Interface. We could really use some input here!

Thanks and we can't wait to hear what you think! 

**Android users will be launched separately in the coming weeks. Be sure to express interest now so you can be included in the first testing group.

kellyj
Technical Program Manager: AI
Square Inc
Message 1 of 89
88 REPLIES 88

It drives me insane when developers revamp the interface of simple programs and apps that we've grown accustomed to using. I use the Square mobile app a few times a month to scan client credit cards. Now, I can look forward to fumbling with a new interface, looking like an idiot in front of my clients.

Message 85 of 89
Admin

@BWPhoto

You can also test this and take a look at how you may want this to function and provide feedback. Some businesses use the interface infrequently, so no updates are needed, but many need a lot of adaptations from what was released 7 years ago to the general public. If you'd like to be included in updates we make to the product please feel free to join in our UI discussions and give your feedback. We do prioritize updates based on this feedback specifically.

kellyj
Technical Program Manager: AI
Square Inc
Message 86 of 89
Beta Member

We're using the Square Register currently, but we also have an operational iPad that we use as well.

Our biggest request is being able to do a layaway feature. Any ideas to include that soon?

Message 87 of 89
Beta Member

I would like to test out the new interface for register.

Message 88 of 89
Super Seller

Still testing? In process of adding back in POS as secondary (back line) options to our two front registers. 

Take care of yourself and, as life provides, someone else too.
Message 89 of 89